Hikvision Doorbell / Videointercom integration

In beta version, you can add multiple devices

Hi pergola.fabio,

I have HIK Vision Door Bell DS-KD8003 installed and would like to run your add on.

I have two questions:

1. My HA installation runs in a container on umbrel.com which does not support add-on store. Is there a manual way to download from github and install? I managed to manually install HACS (Download | HACS).

I tried adding manual repository but I do get this error (as far as I understand HACS does not support ADD-ON store via the container installation on umbrel.com)

1. Can you please suggest what your preferred way of getting the actual video stream from the Doorbell to view in HA on a dashboard?

thanks,
Martin

Look at GitHub page, in dev branch, there is a guide to run as standalone…

For video stream , just use rtsp

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I can’t seem to find the guide - any chance you could be more specific?

Have tried RTSP and got it working:

If anyone else is looking for the stream syntax for HIK Vision DS-KD8003-IME1 Door Station here we go:

http://admin:pass@IP-address:80/Streaming/Channels/1/picture
rtsp://admin:pass@IP-address:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

Use TCP/IP transport and digest authentication method.

Fabio - if you could help with the manual install would be great. I am new to HA and very thankful for your advice. Thanks Martin

On another note, I have a HIK Vision DS-2CD4A26FWD-LZS/P installed with license plate recognition.

Has anyone ever done some HA integration where the date/time/plate/direction/lane and if it matched white/black/other list is made available into home assistant?

It is basically an extension of line crossing or motion sensor event…

A good use case scenario would be to automatically open the gate if plate is recognised in correct direction and the mobile device of user is within geo-targeted range.

Thanks
Martin

Hi, docs are here for standalone :

As for the license plate , try to use my beta addon, and see if you see an event when s license plate is detected… You can see if hopefully as an unknown event, if it’s there, it can be added to this addon too…

https://open.hikvision.com/hardware/structures/NET_ITS_PLATE_RESULT.html

1 Like

Hi Fabio, Thank you for all your hard work. I have spent a ton of time reading through all the posts and am struggling with answering, rejecting, hanging up etc a ringing DS-KD8003. I have HA running in a container and have implemented your add-on with the container (via MQTT). I can see all the sensors and detect when the doorbell rings, I can open the door relay, but for my life, I cannot stop the thing from ringing!! The logs from the container seem to indicate that the device doesn’t support the function but plenty of people on this thread have managed to get it to work so I must be doing something wrong. The only thing I can think of that I haven’t done which I read in the documentation is to add my indoor station (but I have no idea how to do that). If it helps I’ve added my logs below. I’d really appreciate a steer on this, please.

023-06-09 21:51:30.582 | INFO     | mqtt_input:_hangup_call_callback:125 - Received hangup command for doorbell: Doorbell
2023-06-09 21:51:30.582 | DEBUG    | sdk.utils:call_ISAPI:125 - Request body: {"CallSignal": {"cmdType": "hangup"}}
[2023-06-09 21:51:31.000][INF] Private connect 192.168.1.XXX:8000 sock=161 this=0xc8XXXXX8 cmd=0x117001 port=43624

2023-06-09 21:51:31.017 | DEBUG    | sdk.utils:call_ISAPI:162 - Response status: {
	"requestURL":	"/ISAPI/VideoIntercom/callSignal",
	"statusCode":	4,
	"statusString":	"Invalid Operation",
	"subStatusCode":	"invalidOperation",
	"errorCode":	1073741830,
	"errorMsg":	"invalid operation"
}
2023-06-09 21:51:31.018 | ERROR    | mqtt_input:_hangup_call_callback:137 - Error while hanging up call: ('Error while calling ISAPI /ISAPI/VideoIntercom/callSignal?format=json', 23, 'Device does not support this function.')

Thanks in advance.

Hi, you are already in good direction, do you also have an indoor station? The command to stop the signal, needs to be sended to indoor for 8003 owners, you can add multiple devices in the Json, it’s a Json list, just add it comma seperate

The hangup, answer do not work, use the “reject” command… But you will get also invalid Operation if there is no call in progress… Just make a real call, then send the reject…

Hi Fabio, thanks for your rapid response. I do have an indoor station, it is a DS-KH6320. I assume you mean add my indoor station to the development.env file in the container environment like this;

# Example .env files for local development. Make a copy of it and set your own parameters

# JSON-encoded string containing the list of doorbells to connect to
DOORBELLS=[{"name":"Doorbell", "ip": "192.168.1.XXX", "username": "XXXXX", "password": "XXXXXXXXXXX"}, {"name":"IndoorStation", "ip": "192.168.1.XXX", "username": "XXXXXXX", "password": "XXXXXXXX"}]

I have made the above change and restarted the container & HA but I dint see anything different e.g. sensors for indoor station. I initiated a doorbell ring and tried to reject the call using the controls setup by MQTT for the door station ;

and it still doesn’t work. What am I missing? I’m sorry if I’m being a little slow.

Hi, that json looks good, it should create a new mqtt device like your outdoor station … It doesn’t create extra entities under the same device

Ok!! It didn’t work at first but after some troubleshooting, I realised that the doorbell container cant be just restarted, it needs to be re-built and then started normally i.e.

docker-compose up --build

not

docker-compose up -d

once I did that, the indoor station popped up in MQTT and after a quick test, I can now reject a call :smiley:

Thanks for your help - I love your work!! and please let me know if you need help testing on your project with HIK vision devices as I have a load of cameras, alarm and accesories.

Hi, Is the external broker integrated as yet? I have been trying to configure per this post but receiving the same error.

Good to hear :slight_smile:

I want to focus this project on doorbell only, I don’t have alarm systems, although, the alarm in/out messages coming from the pins are already implemented

No not yet, its possible in standalone, but not as addon, having difficultys making an optional config in the addon config

Here is what your integration has helped me build - thank you!!

1 Like

Hehe, looking nice, glad you like it!!

Hello, I need little help with the intercom system at home. I have setup and configurate the asterisk pbx. I connected outdoor hikvison unit and indoor unit as SIP extensions. Now everything is working good. i want to upgrade the system. The upgrade should be that i will install sip app on my phone and connect to the same asterisk PBX system remotely(Ive alredy done this). The help i need is for the dialplan. I want if there is nobody home i coudl answer the call from my phone.

That’s just a default dial plan? Just setup your outdoor station to call a sip number or a dialgroup, so all your extensions ring… But remember, asterisk is not able to send early video to multiple users, you loose video

Guys all the same, tell me how to integrate the Hikvision DS-KH6320-WTE1 video panel into Homeassiatant. It can use 8 alarm inputs (sensors) and 2 alarm outputs (relays). All this can be used as a home alarm system. Please tell me.

For the sensors and relay, you can use the addon, make sure to use the BETA version

For the video, you can use the RTSP feed and use the generic camera integration