Hikvision Doorbell / Videointercom integration

Ah , that’s cool

Alltough, still prefer the SDK , no polling needed

1 Like

Where is it posted, I don’t see it yet on the portal…
What’s interesting for Synology users, it will support now two way talk using DS cam, since it’s possible to send a push… the DS cam/surveillance is using Isapi to poll callstatus

Yes thats right - ISAPI is my fallback solution. Currently i have problems with SDK under linux - always getting fatal “bus-error”. But i think thats a problem on my own machine - on windows machine my SDK implementation works fine.

Why not use the addon? It’s a precompiled image? Also docker is possible?

i have to look where i can upload files here - have only been interested reader since years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you also have the release notes? Can you post it?

Sorry i dont get it how to upload files/attachment here in community - nothing in FAQ either.

Here is the download link from hikvision: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

They dont sent me a changelog. Just: “We optimized the firmware for the issues you mentioned”. I mentioned the issue that the callstate is always idle since upgrade to 2.2.62.

1 Like

Ah ok, it’s a custom maybe? I asked this before, and they send me a custom one too, but they never implemented it in official, not sure why

Normally it didn’t work before 2.2.62, it actually was always idle :slight_smile:

I come from other shores/platforms and spy here only for generic content. I do not use hass. But maybe i could try to use the compiled libraries from this package for my needs. :thinking:

1 Like

Same with your precompiled libraries. Since a few weeks i always get fatal bus-error. even with your examples (e.g. hik_callstatus.py). Debugger is canceling session without prompt/error. Maybe problems with the Python-Version or so. I have to investigate further.

can you try 3.10 ?

omg - with V.3 Beta 10 it is working again… days of research… Thank You…
what changed? Is it SDK version or wrapper functions that causes this kind of problems?

Not sure why it’s not working with 3.11 or higher, @mion00 , any idea?

Well, there has been lots of changes in the last months to the way we package and run the SDK, so pinpointing what was broken is a bit difficult. :sweat_smile:

Hey @pergola.fabio I’m migrating to MQTT using Proxmox, how can I set up an external MQTT server?

Not yet possible as addon, only when running docker container… But it will soon be possible to configure an external broker using the add-on

1 Like

Thanks! What a pity… I’ll keep my old Pi on than haha.

Will come soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have examined the differences a little more closely. It seems to be the way how the SDK is loaded. in 3.10 via loadSDK() in utils and in the current version directly in the hcnetsdk. in loadSDK() there is setupFunctionTypes to define the argument types. I can’t find this method in newer versions. Could this be the trigger for the bus error? Problems allocating memory? I could try to define these ctypes in the new hcnetsdk as well and test if my problem disappears in the new version.

Update: I was right with my guess. I have defined the argument types in your current version. Now there is no more bus error :slight_smile:

Would you fix that in your package?

1 Like