Hikvision Doorbell / Videointercom integration

Maybe thats why you see the delay on the addon?

I don’t think so, because I’ve only tried messing with the rest sensor after noticing the delays. I will go restart it and do some tests and get back to you. thanks!

ok, so power cycling it made it go back to its normal operation.

next I did the following tests:
1- went and done more HASS add-on tests, Rebooted every thing in my house, switches, routers etc…
It didn’t change anything, it still takes a chunk of time for the event to arrive.

2- I installed iVMS 4200 and added the door bell, went to the Event viewer, the motion events were piping up normally it seems, then I pressed the button, and imedietly has got the event, and my Alexa and home pods alerted me of the doorbell going off. however I did not get any video intercom event on iVMS, then I tired 4 more times with similar results except has again took around 15 seconds to get the event.

with that I have the following questions, do I have to run exclusively iVMS or the add-on to capture the events? like if I run both at the same time both get the events?

second, I have the hit connect app setup, it is connected tru the cloud it seems. does that interfere with the add-on? My hunch is that the add-on registers to get events but then something steals that registration away, and the add-on only gets the event after reconnecting with the device.

I do it like this because I use it with scrypted, Just forwarding the doorbell event. I use it using home.app on home kit, and for my wife that is an android user, I setup the doorbell HASS notification to forward to the Hit-Connect app so she can use two way audio from there

No , you don’t need to run ivms at the same time., hikconnect should not interfere, or causing any delays, I use it too…

Not sure why you don’t see the events, normally you should see the ring event instantly coming in… Maybe a firmware update can help?

yeah that is very peculiar indeed. My model is DS-KV6113-WPE1(B)

Hik-Connect shows no firmware update available. I will mess around the configs a little, see if I can get it sorted and get back if I discover something.

Otherwise I’ll just go back to polling the callStatus api, making another Apache Proxy to get around Home Assistant’s garbage DIGEST auth.

No, hikconnect never prompts for firmware, you need to do it manually with ivms

Lots of people are using the 6113 without issues here, so maybe its indeed firmware related

hmmm, iVMS didn’t prompt for firmware updates either.

the site says latest firmware is Firmware_V2.2.53_220602
The device itself reports V2.2.53 build 220108

the built seems to be different, I downloaded the zip but can’t upgrade from the web UI, I’ll try via iVMS

Loo also here
https://www.hikvisioneurope.com/eu/portal/?dir=portal/Technical%20Materials/07%20%20Video%20Intercom/00%20%20Product%20Firmware

Thanks, it seems there is a newer version there, but aint 100% sure if its compatible with my model.

im still trying to apply the firmware 602 I got from the website. but I can’t figure out a way, from the web ui there doesn’t seem to be an option, and from iVMS it doesn’t let me pick a firmware, when I click the update button it just says there is none available

Aah I think I figure out, I need to extract the ZIP and apply the .DAV file not the zip itself. silly mistake I guess

I have the hikvision doorbell addon installed, everything its working, including opening/closing relay (gate) but i do have a question, i export the camera and the switches to homekit…is there any way to make a real doorbell in homekit ? {when i get a call from outdoor unit i wont get any notification and i “missed” the person}

Yeah, you can use scrypted, it supports two way audio

Yeah changing the firmware didn’t help anything, do you think messing with this could help?

No, there no setting need for this addon to run, maybe someone else here with a 6113 can help? But the addon should work

It does work well, just the events that are very delayed in my case, does the add on re-register for events periodically? if so what’s the frequency?

No , it listens , its in arm mode, should be instant (if the device sends it)

I see this is what you mean. seems correct

Are you really sure the addon is causing the delay? Have you checked the mqtt entities itself, how they react?

I set both HASS and scrypted to listen to the MQTT topic directly to reduce variables. I tested pushing the value to the topic manually, and then the doorbell goes off immediately on Alexa and HomeKit. so that only leaves the add on from what I can see