Hikvision People Counting Camera

hello,
I have a Hikvision DS-2CD6825G0/C-IS and I am trying to integrate it to home assistant.
DS-2CD6825G0/C-IS, by Hikvision, is a people counting camera with dual lens (VCA)

The only value I need to pass is the binary sensor people counting.

Reading the following threat I have added the camera to the configuration

with the following code:

- platform: hikvision
    host: 192.168.2.8
    port: 80
    ssl: false
    username: user
    password: 12345
    customize:
      audioexception:
        ignored: true
      faceSnap:
        ignored: true     

I have ignored “audioexception” and “facesnap” because I was getting an error at logs:

Logger: pyhik.hikvision
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyhik/hikvision.py:302
First occurred: 3:20:32 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:20:32 PM

Sensor type "audioexception" is unsupported.
    Sensor type "faceSnap" is unsupported.

But even though I ignored them, after HA restart my logs are populated again.

The only binary sensor is fetched from camera is the following:

But where is the people counting ???

PLEASE help me.
Has anyone tried to make it work ?? Is it a way I can fetch the people counting value ???

Sometimes I wonder, is it just me who plays with a Hikvision camera ???
No one else please?

People counting is not really a common feature, I doubt someone spent the time to add that sensor to the integration. If it’s not in the integration it’s not going to just show up.

Things you can try
The onvif integration, maybe you will get lucky and it will be available.
Open an issue with the hikvision integration, perhaps the devs can add it.

Last ditch attempt, I use dahua’s and their api is available, with this people have been able to add unsupported features through command line sensors. You would have to see if you can find a copy of hikvision’s api.

@solomos did you find solution?

Nope I haven’t.
However there is ISAPI but access to it requires registration.

Here is the exact reply fromHikvision:

ISAPI requires to sign the MLA confidentiality agreement attached first, or can also sign the MLA online on the TPP (You can refer to the guide in the attachment). It is suggested to fill in the blanks. The information of the manufacturer in the first paragraph and the final signature should be filled in, and the scanned version should be provided.

try searching through https://ipcamtalk.com/. dauha has the same policy and it was posted there. I think you need an account for it to show pdf files in the threads.

After a lot of search around, haven’t be able to find something that will allow me to grab sensor value from camera. So far …

Hi,
Any luck with this? Facing the same issue.