Hikvision setup

And I guess…

1 Like

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-Q2/8P on Hassio Lovelace
use one of those IPCams apps to check the network connection to the NVR link or VLC player
https://howto.software-mirrors.com/2017/11/how-to-stream-hikvision-dvr-using-vlc.html

- platform: ffmpeg
    name: Hikvision 1
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101

name: Hikvision 2
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/201    

name: Hikvision 3
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/301

name: Hikvision 4
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/401

name: Hikvision 5
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/501

name: Hikvision 6
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/601

name: Hikvision 8
    input: -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/801
2 Likes

Hello!

Did someone get a camera to work on Google Home?
Whatever I do, a “Smart Home Camera” will appear on the Google Home Hub and will not load anything. Home Assistant works perfectly with these settings, not just in google home.

Thanks for your help.

- platform: generic
    name: Test camera
    username: username
    password: password
    authentication: digest
    still_image_url: "http://192.168.0.XXX:80/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture"
    stream_source: "rtsp://username:[email protected]:554/Streaming/channels/102"

With Ezviz cameras (same producer?) I had to disable encryption in phone app to show my cameras via Chromecast, works OK with direct integration to Google Home and via HA cast.
Best, JR

Hello,

In HA my cameras only works with substream:

rtsp://DVRUSERNAME:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/102

But in VLC works fine with both (mainstream and substream)

Does anyone know why?

Finally someone to figure this out.

I have 6 Hikvision cameras and an NVR, connected to HA with:

stream:
camera:
  - platform: generic
    name: Play Room
    still_image_url: http://USER:[email protected]:82/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture
    stream_source: rtsp://USER:[email protected]:554

The issue - HA is loading the cameras very slow and not updating fast.
I read all kind of answers in this thread but it got me very confused and unsure what is the solution.
can someone please assist with this configuration?

Hi All,

I am using 5 Hik cameras connected to a Hik NVR using the Generic camera component. Is it possible to scale, increase the stream window size withing Homeassistant so that I can view the live stream in a bigger window within HA. Currently I have the substream resolution in the NVR set at 640x480. This makes the window too small.

Cheers.

Try using Onvif.

you can double click the title bar to open it up bigger. resolution is crap but makes it “larger”

2 Likes

Didn’t know about that. Thanks for a the tip!

Hi guys,

I have my hikvision NVR connected to HA via generic camera and binary_sensor is there any benefit to switching over to ONVIF?

I found ONVIF supper laggy while the generic camera integration is snappy in comparison. I also couldn’t get the snapshot service working with my hikvision DVR but it works fine through the generic integration.

1 Like

Do you mean it jumps around or there is a set number of seconds by which it lags?

I should have been more clear. The streams just took a long time to load - like 6 - 7 seconds or more. Sometimes they wouldn’t even load. I don’t really know what I’m doing so it could have been user error, but from my experience tooling around with stuff like tinycam to get these streams on a tablet, the onvif method was underwhelming.

I want to use the ONVIF integration because its UI integrated, but I have no audio when using this in combination with my Hikvision cams. :frowning: The stream itself is working like a charm.

ONVIF Profile S, which the integration uses does support audio. Check the camera model to see if it support audio with ONVIF. My Hikvision cameras don’t have audio.

When I went to ONVIF I dropped generic cameras out of my config. I am going to add it back in tomorrow and have an ONVIF based card running next to the generic based card and check the difference.

My Hikvisions do support profile S as of this list https://www.onvif.org/conformant-products/

But audio is just nor working :frowning: any other hints?

No there’s no benefit. It might even create more problems.

I have a DS7608NI-I2 NVR with 5 cameras connected. I tried to switch to ONVIF but ended up having all kinds of annoying problems (streams would not start, events would not come through, etc). So I reverted back to the Hikvision integration, which works fine.

The reason I tried switching was that my line crossing and intrusion detection events were very slow to report to HA (~5 seconds). I thought it might be a problem of the integration. Further research seems to indicate that it was a native delay from the cameras that I never really noticed, because the NVRs pre-record would make up for it.

2 Likes