Hikvision setup

Audio is not required to say you support profile-s

hm I am sorry but I dont understand you :wink:

I just want to now if and how it is possible ti get the audio-stream of my hikvisions via the ONVIF integration. But I think its just not possible, so I will switch back to another cam integration which supports that.

In the specification, there are a core set of requirements. Audio is optional.

Go to Configuration>>Integrations>>ONVIF. Select the camera with audio and look at the entities created for the camera. Is there an audio stream?

no there is no audio stream entity on any of my 3 Hikvision cams. all of them are supporting bi-directional audio, but I think this just not works for the ONVIF protocol.

what camera model?

what firmware?

what are your video settings?

HA doesn’t support audio from camera streams. It’s nothing to do with the camera itself. Audio into HA has been Feature Requested a heap of times over the years but still doesn’t exist

1 Like

oh that’s really a pity, thank for that clarification @sparkydave. I didn’t know that audio ist not working in general in Home Assistant. Could not believe that! :wink:

Do you have a link to the feature request so that we all can push it? :smiley:

There have been many. This was the first one I voted for

https://community.home-assistant.io/search?q=camera%20audio%20feature%20request

After a bit of hit& trial, I figured out the cleanest way (from a usability perspective) is to integrate hikvision NVRs in HA is to embed the URLs as picture cards.
The refresh rate is good enough to take a quick glance and image entities keep the loading time super fast.
If a specific picture card does show something in an area that I do want to take a closer look at (which is once in a rare while), it’s a matter of seconds to pull up the feed in the hikvision iVMS app

This solves for the slow loading time annoyance in the hikvision app without impacting HA app performance either

1 Like

Can you not just click-through on the picture card to view the full stream? It’s what I do with mine and I get a proper live stream from the camera

I could do that
The only reason for not doing it that I would need to physically remove the NVR from my server closet to connect it to a monitor and mouse in order to disable stream encryption.
Apparently Hik NVRs do not support this from the webUI

Yes, I seem to recall doing that on mine too. Best get that keyboard and monitor out!

Did you ever got this working ?

platform: generic
name: camera name
username: user
password: password
authentication: digest
still_image_url: “http://yourip:80/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture”
stream_source: this link made the url that work for streming https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Hikvision

unknown

now my streaming works again

Hi
Is any chance to hide user and pass from link when i try stream video from Hikvision NVR ?

Use secret.
For example:

stream_source: !secret rtsp_link

How can I add audio in the rtsp? when I open the image, the speaker is greyed.
In an ezviz I had, the audio was working.

Guys for anyone who might not have figured out getting the rtsp feed from Hikvision NVR’s:

After successful configuration, and confirming thru VLC a connection (but green or choppy video)

Here’s what did the trick!

For anyone else struggling to view the RTSP stream from their NVR, have you enable Hik-Connect? If so, stream encryption will be turned on (stupidly there’s no way to enable Hik-Connect platform access WITHOUT stream encryption getting turned on too) and thus no 3rd party video player (that I’m aware of) will have any way to decrypt and thus display the video stream.

You can turn off encryption, but only buy using the local interface with a mouse and monitor directly connected to the NVR (Configuration->Network->Access Platform - Untick “Enable Stream Encryption”). If, like me, you had hoped to configure and use your NVR purely via the web interface, then you too are SOL.

I spent hours trying to get my Hikvision NVR working and couldn’t figure out why. This is the key. There are menu items on the web interface for turning off stream encryption and in iVMS. Neither of those matter. You HAVE to do it via the local interface. It is the only way. On my NVR it is in a different place to @micd 's post but it seems that there is no other way to disable stream encryption other than directly on the NVR.

I got a new camera, as my old one died

Anyone seen this?

As a result, the setting under Network -> Advance -> Integration Protocol -> Enable Hikvision-CGI is no more.

The new camera will not allow access to the streams via URL. or sub stream.

Only way i’ve got some functionality back is via ONVIF
 anyone else experienced this / got a work around?.. For me, I just want the lower res sub stream via ONVIF. Using the main stream via ONVIF is too taxing, as it’s a 4k Camera and the raspberry pi struggles