Hikvision Still image notification or E-mail

Hi all,

I hope one of you can help me with my challenge. I have been a lot of articles on the Forum but unfortunateIy I could not find the solution.

I have a Hikvision Camera (DS=2CD2532F) installed on my driveway.
In my HA Dashboard I’m able to see live image by using the Picture Card en the following image path http://192.168.1.201/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture/?auth=

My Challenge is when my doorbell is pushed I want to receive an E-mail or HA Push message on my mobile phone with a still picture at that moment. (What I’ve have read is receiving live motion is not possible with this type of camera.)
The Doorbell I’m using is a Kaku which is connected through RFXTRX.

My knowledge of scripting is nil but with the information I could find I create a simple automation script at first with the GUI for creating scripts and then added the link for my image path manually, unfortunately without any result.

What am I missing or what am I doing wrong.

alias: Camera Notificatie bij bel
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: device
    device_id: a201f1de8f4c785332aa3fd37f6337b6
    domain: rfxtrx
    type: command
    subtype: 'On'
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_a405fn
    data:
      image: http://192.168.1.201/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture/?auth=
mode: single

Does it trigger?

Do the actions work if you trigger the automation manually?

What does the automation trace say for the last time the doorbell triggered it?

If I look at the Trace notification I see it’s stopped because apparently extra keys are not allowed.
What could then be the right syntax?

This is not routeable over the Internet:

image: http://192.168.1.201...

See:

One way to do this is to call the camera snapshot service to save the image in either the media or www folders. These can then be shared:

Perfect, thanx for pointing me in the right direction, I think I’m half way there now :slight_smile:
After reading the Instruction manual “Camera” I modified the Automation script with the path to my tmp folder.
After triggering the Doorbell a snapshot was created in this folder with a time stamp.

Next I also added the Service notify.gmail which lead after triggering to an E-mail with attachment.

As you can see in the script I’m using a fixed name for my camera Snapshot and not the file with a timestamp because I don’t know how script this in an automation.
For now I think it’s no problem because by overwriting the same file it keeps my /tmp folder clean and if everything works well I always have copy in my mailbox. :wink:

But if someone has a workaround for it…

@Tom many thanks for you assistance thusfar

alias: Camera Notificatie bij bel
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: device
    device_id: a201f1de8f4c785332aa3fd37f6337b6
    domain: rfxtrx
    type: command
    subtype: 'On'
condition: []
action: