Hildebrandglow - Smart Meters - SMETS2

I am seeing values for gas dayvol, weekvol and monthvol in my local MQTT messages from my GLOW-IHD-01-1v4-SMETS2 running v1.8.13 of their software.

Thanks - will email the Hildebrand support teamā€¦

Using the cloud api but it seems to very hit and miss as to how often it updated. Anyone know of a fix?

Has anyone managed to get the Glow hub (wired CAD) from Hildebrand?

Iā€™ve been keeping my eye out for it but always appears as sold out.

Iā€™ve been trying for a while, I keep emailing them as well to be told Iā€™m high on the queue but never seem to have any luckā€¦

This should be fixed as of v1.0.0
More information here: Release v1.0.0 - A total Rewrite Ā· HandyHat/ha-hildebrandglow-dcc (github.com)

3 Likes

Great work on this @HandyHat.

Iā€™m seeing a 2hr time-shift discrepancy between Home Assistant and Hildebrandā€™s Bright app data.

While the bright app seems accurate, the reported usage in HA is shifted two hours back. For example, a 4am spike in gas use is correctly reported in the Bright app, but appears as a 6am spike in HA.

Not using the Hildebrand CAD, just the 30 minute reporting. Latest versions of HA and v1.0.0 of ha-hildebrandglow-dcc.

Screenshots attached. Iā€™m a complete amateur, so not sure if Iā€™ve messed something up in the install (HACS couldnā€™t find the repository, so had to do a manual install) but might be a bugā€¦?

Bright app (seems accurate based on my usage)

HA, showing a 2-hour time-shift

I couldnt find this in HACS so followed the instructions for manual installation (copying the custom_components/hildebrandglow_dcc/ directory and all of its files to config/custom_components/ directory). After a restart, it is not listed in the UI under Integrations.

Any ideas ??

Hi
It should be listed when you click the add icon and search for the integration after adding it manually.

No it wasnt that but I have solved it. I created the wrong folder structure under /root/config/custom_components but all sorted now. Thanks for replying anyway.

Hi there, Iā€™ve successfully setup the Bright app which is pulling in data from SMETS1.

Although Iā€™ve setup Hildenbrand in Home Assistant (did it a couple of days ago) itā€™s not matching what Iā€™ve got in the app. Thereā€™s lots of missed entries - e.g. only 3 hours pulling into the app today.

Any ideas how I might rectify this - is it a known issue?

I am experiencing the same problem. The Bright app appears to be capturing the gas and electricity data correctly (matching my Chameleon smart meter reader) but the data in the Hildenbrand HA assistant integration is all over the place. For the first few days after I set it up, the reported data was inaccurate, but roughly the right order of magnitude. The daily figures have steadily declined over the month until electricity is reporting a fraction of the actual consumption, and gas consumption is now reported as zero on many days.

+1
I was using this happily for a while but just noticed that over the past week or so itā€™s been going crazy.

App shows the correct data (at least for the previous day - I notice that it doesnā€™t seem to track the current day properly)ā€¦ perhaps this is the root of the issue if the integration is trying to pull current data?

Same here. It worked well for a while after the rewrite but not now.

Same here. My Bright app shows data on a major delay (itā€™s currently showing no data for the last 20 hours). Home Assistant data is even worse.

This is not only a flaw in the Bright data, but a flaw in HA. The inability to accept historic data imposes severe limitations for situations like this. If the Bright integration could say ā€œIā€™ve just received these 48 data points for the last 24 30 minute intervalsā€ then it wouldnā€™t matter.

I discovered there was an Octopus integration (I am an Octopus customer) so I tried installing that yesterday (21st Feb). I got a gas consumption reading which closely matches the Chameleon reader value for the 20th Feb, which I assume is because of the historic data issue, but nothing for electricity. Today, the Octopus integration is not reporting anything for yesterdayā€™s gas or electricity. Hildenbrand continues to report nothing for gas and only 0.5 kWh electricity for yesterday.

Just an update to report that after a couple of days I can see the Octopus integration is now working well and returning the correct gas and electricity total daily consumption values. The only problem with the default energy dashboard is that the values are plotted a day in arrears due to the historic data issue, but this could be fixed by using a custom chart using the sensor history. Iā€™ve given up on the Hildebrand HA integration; it just seems to be completely broken at the moment.

I was interested in using this integration.
I have a SMETS2 meter.

Installed the Bright app on a tablet on Sunday. (19-2-23).
I installed the Hildebrand Glow integration after reading and following the earlier posts in this thread.

By Tuesday, there was some data in the Bright app relating to Monday.
The data during Tuesday seemed like initial values and remained static.
Now its Thursday, I can tell the app figures are correct for gas and electric up to the previous day.
So Mon to Wed are ok.

The HA integration usage figures show 0.11kWhr for electric and not available for gas.
Unit costs are not correct.

Iā€™ve uninstalled and re-installed the integration.
It shows 2 devices and 6 entities.
When I first installed it, Iā€™m sure it asked for an email and password, assumed to be the same as for the Bright app. It didnā€™t do that on the re-installation.

Iā€™m new to this but it seems broken to me.
Iā€™ll keep and eye on this thread.

Update.

I seem to have logged some data over the past few days in HA.

Although,

1. It doesnā€™t tie up with my SMETS meter readings and
  2. What the heck is going on with the cost yesterday, the 7th March?

I have a SMETS 2 meter and have HA / MQTT setup with the glow LCD

Data is reading fine and i can see the sensors i created in MQTT.yaml

im racking my brain how can i make a sensor that shows me the monthly cost

Iā€™m surprised there is no enity already for this as its on the LCD!?!