Hire a developer to write automation scripts

i love reading all this.

i believe i never stated that i am for hire.
the costs that i will count are:

first a ticket to fly me in and back when i am finished. if you live in germany or countries around you are in luck, then i will come by taxi.
then around 2500 euro for each week untill i am finished, excl. the costs for appliances that need to be bought.

1 small warning though …
i am automating my own home for 4 years now, and i am still not finished, so it can take a while :wink:
so please let me visit my family once in a while.

6 Likes

Hmmm, your rates are quite reasonable sir, I’m almost tempted to hire you myself.

BUT INSTEAD… I’LL UNDERCUT YOU !!! :rofl:

I’ll only charge 2,499 euros a week but will require to work with a native electrically certified technician (different country : different regs) all materials and technician to be paid direct by the client, a one week trip home every 4 weeks, all living expenses and legal and admin support with a work visa. Minimum 3 star accommodation, transport and maximum of 9 hours a day 5 days a week.

hmm, thats not undercutting. in the end you are more expensive :stuck_out_tongue:
but you have thought it through a bit better, so i advise all that are interested to hire you and not me :wink:

1 Like

Hi!

sorry for bothering you, I saw your post Re looking for a developer. I am really looking for one ASAP. The background is only if you’re interested I don’t even know how to go about doing it and would be gratify for some help.

I bought hardware ages ago but Im kind of lost here I hope I am not overly abtrusibe. So far no I did simple things myself and besides the regular “revelations” about how exposed I, such as google treating me as a condity and when Amazon isn’t doing that, my home is like a bazar. On top of it, I experienced and exposed serious securihy flaws in Alexa, way beyond “privacy” simply huge bugs. Their lack of any security mechanism between voice purchase or not, they made a system that is incetivised to sell no matter what, breaking its own rules, which I would not expect from a beta product. Expecting them to fix it, I ended up being locked out of voice co controlling music cast and it sleeo means I can’t leverage the hifi abilities of integration with echo. Also general no privacy and very primitive logic, means I really must change gears and I hope that it’s possible. I spent so much time programming thighs like Pfsense without background that I really need someojt to do this for me and also things way beyond my abilities.

Any help, advice, recommendations, would be so appreciated…

Yoav

Hello all,
I know this forum/thread has not had much activity because we all like to learn and do ourselves. Unfortunately we also often find ourselves at an impasse and need to reach out for help. Then we can frustrate the experts in the community with our noob-ness and lack of familiarity with the coding and/or communication applications. As a last resort, we often need to hire someone to help/write the code to get things to work.
I have now found myself at that spot now. So anyone who can code Home Assistant integrations/add-ons/blueprints please contact me on discord or here so I can get this project moving forward.

Tell us a bit about your project, what has to be done and its complexity. How many hours do you think the project needs an expert and, of curse, what is your budget.

Hello, Thank you for reaching out to me.
The project is pretty simple (like a 5/10). I am trying to create a HA component (blueprint/script/integration) that will allow me to build a voice monkey url and put it in as an actionable component to be triggered from an automation. The secret and access keys would be in the secrets.yaml of course. if that is possible to have a URL call from the secrets.yaml. If not, then it would get put into the URL as it is created.

It could either be that the integration TTS module spits out the URL, or just creates a script.

I have made several scripts, as well as automations that i put the url from the website directly into the automation/script and it works. I created the monkeys, linked the skill in alexa, and created the routine to make the payload come to the specific echo device. The back end works when pasted into the call service (https://dpaste.org/8nF4N) as an action in an automation. It also works as a script when called from an automation. as long as the parts are in the configuration.yaml (https://dpaste.org/FTm7n)
Their website has several components that basically just a series of fields that are lain into a URL with a couple of API keys.
I have my attempt at building a blueprint here: (https://dpaste.org/pB7c9) As you can see i created a dropdown list to attempt and populate the voice list, and configured monkeys. If there is another/better way to do that I am all ears. Probably could do a search in HA for the monkeys and use them in a selectable list since they were added as devices from the alexa integration.

I was told by the community that it would be better as an integration or as a script. Because the rest service call. I am kind of new to YAML and HA so i now i am probably making a boneheaded mistake in this.
I really think that an expert in HA or YAML or both could have this done and dusted in under an hour, 2 at the most.

The end result would just take their website out of the equation in building the URL for triggering. I am mainly interested in the monkey selection, voice selection, the alert tone selection, and the message payload at this point. Just to be clear, I am not trying to steal from the website, i paid for the pro+ membership to get full access.

Unfortunately the helpdesk at voice monkey has limited YAML and HA experience, so i am kind of on my own. Likewise the community is not too keen on helping me build this.

As for the rate, I looked up the average rate for a YAML programmer/hr (so i don’t offend anyone) and it seems fair at $50-$60/hr for this.

What do you think?

Thanks for the detailed description. I think you will find someone who can help you out here. I cannot offer you support because I have absolutely no experience with https://voicemonkey.io/ 3rd party services.

It looks interesting, but it is a cloud based service, and I am not so much into that - just another point of (possible) failure.

There are some Monkey users here in the forum - maybe someone as the same need and can help you out.
Fingers crossed

thanks for looking at it anyway.
I can respect and appreciate that it is not in most peoples wheelhouses. Hence the reason I am looking to hire someone.
Which forum do you think they may be lurking in?
Just wondering, could you tell me where to look on how to make a text string from fields?

Here in this forum for example. Have a look at the regarding posts about voicemonkey.

I am wondering why you are not using the following custom component:

I had a quick look and it seems to cover all the functions of Monkey - or am I missing something? Furthermore, I think they have a bigger home assistant community than the monkeys and are happy to receive some donation.

hi.
true, a lot of the same functionality is in that wiki. I read that and was able to make that work which gave me a lot of material to think about for my voice monkey YAML. However the alexa media player option does not have all the functions and capabilities of voice monkey. If you check out the website you see the choices of voices, the ability to send pictures, and music clips puts it head and shoulders above the media player options.

I am willing to pivot and try to make a integration, or keep it a blueprint. The hardest part is building the text string from the inputs.
Some people have suggested this would really be more of script, since it gets called from automations to make the speech happen.
This is it as a script so far, https://dpaste.org/AAjwm it dosent work yet, but i am trying.