Hisense AEH-W4A1 Integration Question

Hi Davide,
i’m having the same issue somebody has, after a while my ACs became “Unavailable”. Sometimes after a while they get back to normal state but then they goes unavailable again.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks,
Guido

Hi guys!

Look what I found in the log of my UniFi Access Point … the Hisense module connects and disconnects recurrently (Even being at 1.5 meters from the AP).

I don’t know if this will be a behavior of all AEH-W4A1 modules.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why this failure occurs within HA.

Bye!

Hello Davide,
i played around a little with your library on my installation. I found that raising calls timeout (timeout = 2 in timeout = 10 in aehw4a1.py and timeout=0.1 to timeout=10 in aehw4a1_async.py) seems to solve my problem. Is it possible to make timeout on calls a “parameter” in integration?

Thanks.

Guido

1 Like

@baconlive I fear that making timeouts user-settable can lead to unexpected behavior within Home Assistant.
The solution of copying the integration into the custom folder remains viable so that the changes to the timeouts are not lost due to a HA update.

Those timeouts are however already very conservative, in fact in previous versions of the library they were significantly lower. In the development installation of HA everything worked perfectly, but once installed in an HA with many other integrations it started to give instability problems.

Since the problem of unreachability after a certain time is also common to other integrations - developed in a totally different way from this - I believe that the problem lies within HA. I have opened a report in github hoping that they will consider the problem and investigate.

P.S. All timeouts are implemented in the library’s aehw4a1.py file, set to 2 seconds. I didn’t write the aehw4a1_async.py file, where did you find it?

@Davide_Varricchio thank you for your explaination, how can i copy the integration to custom folder?

You can find instructions here.

Hi @Davide_Varricchio and @baconlive,

If I copy the folder of this integration into “custom_components”, and modify the timeout from 2 to 10 on “aehw4a1.py”, could everything be solved?

So no solution for continuous disconnections?

Giustanca, for the moment I continue with the disconnections.
It would really be very helpful to have this working since I currently use it with an IR controller that is not as accurate.

@baconlive,
Could you solve it with the modified library?
Please could you help us if you managed to solve it?

Thanks,
Regards!

Dear,
Good afternoon!
I don’t know if it only happens to me, but I just updated to the latest version of HA (0.109.2) and the integration with my Hisense works perfectly. It does not lose connection, the commands work well … everything is perfect. In the same way I have been testing it only for one day. I don’t know if something internal has changed in the new version of HA, but now it’s working.

Thanks,
Regards.

Dear,
After a few days of testing with HA 0.109, I have discovered (at least in my case) that the Climate Card now works very well and the integration with Hisense works perfectly for several hours … but what happens next? After several hours the integration stops working (even I don’t know if this happens the next day). The Card now no longer disappears from the interface, that’s good. The “Unavailable” message is gone and if I want to turn the air on or off, it works. But so far no more. I cannot change the temperature and the air status is no longer updated on the card, it still appears as if it were off.

Hi @Davide_Varricchio! Hope you’re well!
Do you think it is possible to check if with the new version of HA it is feasible to check the integration to make it work well? If you need me to help you with something / tests, I am at your disposal.

Thanks!!
Regards.

Unfortunatelly i was not able to make HA load modified library, maybe i’m doing something wrong…

Good news! I managed to resolve this problem: pull request!

2 Likes

Excellent Davide!! Thank you very much for your job!!

Thanks Davide for your job…Very appreciate!

I raised a container in docker with the beta version of HA 0.112, I have been testing the new version of the integration for more than 96 hours.
I leave it on for hours and it still works, I restart HA and it still works, I update the beta version of HA and it still works… It works perfectly, this is a success!!
Congratulations @Davide_Varricchio!!

Thank u very much from Torino :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I continue to have frequent disconnections, especially when the units have been on for some time. If I check them with their app they are online, but for home assistants they are “unavailable”. I tried to remove the integration and reinstall it, but nothing changes.
Anyone have the same problems?

Hello Giustanca! In some opportunities (minimal) the same happens to me for a few seconds / minutes. I believe that it is not a failure of the integration or HA, because I ping the IP of the AEH and it does not respond. After a few seconds it responds again and appears again in HA.
At least in my case I have discovered that. In the same way, it happens to me in very few opportunities and then everything comes back automatically.

In my case, the disconnections are not minimal but continuous, and each time the air conditioner is turned on, it becomes “unavailable” shortly afterwards, making the automations connected to it not working. I must turn off the air conditioner to get it back “available” after a while.
Integration, in my case, is practically useless, like not having it.