Hisense AEH-W4A1 Integration Question

So no solution for continuous disconnections?

Giustanca, for the moment I continue with the disconnections.
It would really be very helpful to have this working since I currently use it with an IR controller that is not as accurate.

@baconlive,
Could you solve it with the modified library?
Please could you help us if you managed to solve it?

Thanks,
Regards!

Dear,
Good afternoon!
I donā€™t know if it only happens to me, but I just updated to the latest version of HA (0.109.2) and the integration with my Hisense works perfectly. It does not lose connection, the commands work well ā€¦ everything is perfect. In the same way I have been testing it only for one day. I donā€™t know if something internal has changed in the new version of HA, but now itā€™s working.

Thanks,
Regards.

Dear,
After a few days of testing with HA 0.109, I have discovered (at least in my case) that the Climate Card now works very well and the integration with Hisense works perfectly for several hours ā€¦ but what happens next? After several hours the integration stops working (even I donā€™t know if this happens the next day). The Card now no longer disappears from the interface, thatā€™s good. The ā€œUnavailableā€ message is gone and if I want to turn the air on or off, it works. But so far no more. I cannot change the temperature and the air status is no longer updated on the card, it still appears as if it were off.

Hi @Davide_Varricchio! Hope youā€™re well!
Do you think it is possible to check if with the new version of HA it is feasible to check the integration to make it work well? If you need me to help you with something / tests, I am at your disposal.

Thanks!!
Regards.

Unfortunatelly i was not able to make HA load modified library, maybe iā€™m doing something wrongā€¦

Good news! I managed to resolve this problem: pull request!

2 Likes

Excellent Davide!! Thank you very much for your job!!

Thanks Davide for your jobā€¦Very appreciate!

I raised a container in docker with the beta version of HA 0.112, I have been testing the new version of the integration for more than 96 hours.
I leave it on for hours and it still works, I restart HA and it still works, I update the beta version of HA and it still worksā€¦ It works perfectly, this is a success!!
Congratulations @Davide_Varricchio!!

Thank u very much from Torino :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I continue to have frequent disconnections, especially when the units have been on for some time. If I check them with their app they are online, but for home assistants they are ā€œunavailableā€. I tried to remove the integration and reinstall it, but nothing changes.
Anyone have the same problems?

Hello Giustanca! In some opportunities (minimal) the same happens to me for a few seconds / minutes. I believe that it is not a failure of the integration or HA, because I ping the IP of the AEH and it does not respond. After a few seconds it responds again and appears again in HA.
At least in my case I have discovered that. In the same way, it happens to me in very few opportunities and then everything comes back automatically.

In my case, the disconnections are not minimal but continuous, and each time the air conditioner is turned on, it becomes ā€œunavailableā€ shortly afterwards, making the automations connected to it not working. I must turn off the air conditioner to get it back ā€œavailableā€ after a while.
Integration, in my case, is practically useless, like not having it.

I have updated the library to reduce cases where AC becomes unreachable.
There are several variables involved, including the quality of the wireless connection. But more importantly, the use of the official app ā€œstealsā€ the control of the air conditioners, causing frequent disconnections in HA and sometimes the inability to reconnect until the AC is restarted.

Thank you very much again @Davide_Varricchio!! The integration is working better and better for me!

@giustanca, Iā€™ll tell you how I have it configured, in case it works for you. I have the module configured with the fixed IP in the yaml files and not through the UI (mainly because I have the IoT devices in a separate VLAN and auto-discover does not work). I donā€™t use the official Hisense application, I only used it once to put the Air Conditioner inside the WiFi, but then I uninstalled it. I only use Davideā€™s integration with HA.

After the last home assistant update the disconnection problem seems to have been solved. The air conditioners always remain on line. However, there is another problem: if I turn on the air conditioners from their remote control, the home assistant does not update the status and they are always off, even if they were actually turned on by the remote control (and not by the home assistant). Obviously this problem occurs not only for the ignition but for any variation set by the remote control. Has anyone noticed the same problem? Solutions?

Hi all, I have a TQ 2 air conditioner since today.
It is not possible to connect the component.
What I dis so far.

1. Installed the app and connect to WIFI
  2. deinstalled the app and restart the phone
  3. Try to install the integration without success (Does not find a device)
  4. Entered this in configuration yaml (fixed ip):
hisense_aehw4a1:
  ip_address:

Restart HA. No succes but also no error.
Did I miss something?

What do you mean with TQ 2 air conditioner? Which kind of Hisense AC do you own? I ask you cause this integration is for Hisense AEH-W4A1 wifi module. This module is only compatible with some Hisense AC,not for all of these i thinkā€¦
Have you tried setting it up with Hisense app before?

Ah, ok.
Yes, that was the first step in order to bring the device into wlan.
TQ Energy 2 is the hisense model.

OK. Solved my problem. I made it working with Hisense add on.
Thanks

Ok, if I can give you some advice look into your AC split and find the wifi module. Read the module code,it could be hisense_aehw4a1, aehw4b1 or aehw4e1 i think. They are different but i think there is another project for the aehw4b1 module in Github if needed. However it depends on which module you have installedā€¦Hope it helpsā€¦

1 Like