History graph changed and I'd like to change it back

I just (finally) updated to 2021.9.7.

In my previous version (2021.8.3) the history graph that I had set up was showing the same style of graph as is shown in the “history” tab (not sure what that display type is called).

it looked similar to this:

ex

the values in that graph are on/off but the values that I was displaying were numeric but it still looked the same as above.

The docs for history graph says:

My entities that provide a “numeric-looking” state (history stats sensors) have no unit of measurement defined:

but the history graph is now treating them as if they have a unit of measurement even tho they don’t (I removed all but one sensor for clarity - there were many more as in the first image above):

ex3

I don’t have a screenshot of how it looked before.

I looked in the changes for this release and didn’t see anything related to the history graph card.

Did I miss something or is this undocumented?

Is there any way to revert this graph to display as it did prior to this update? I don’t see any option for graph style in the docs.

Actually, my numeric states ALWAYS looked like the line chart UNLESS I gave it a unit of measurement, like “Unit” or “Level”, then I get a state graph instead

So I can change it back by forcing it to a non-numeric UOM? thanks, I’ll give that a try.

Normally I wouldn’t worry about it since I would usually want my numbers on a numeric graph but I was trying to compare two different values (on/off of one entity vs 1/0 of a different entity) on a time basis and then this suddenly happened.

Strange that my experience was exactly the opposite tho. it was a state graph until I just updated yesterday.

No. You have to remove the UOM altogether.

I didn’t add that UOM attribute. It was created by default when I created the history stats sensors.

So I’m not sure how to remove that attribute altogether since it is there by default. :man_shrugging:

here is the history stats config:

- platform: history_stats
    name: "replay_garage_light_sw"
    entity_id: switch.garage_lights_switch
    state: "on"
    type: count
    start: >
      {{ as_timestamp(now()) - (4*86400) }}
    duration: 
      seconds: 30

That’s weird, UoM is not even an option for history stats.

If you are 100% sure there is no customize UoM for this sensor you should open an issue.

Yeah, I saw that too.

I’m not sure if the UOM is something just added to those sensors with the latest update. I assume it is since it worked “fine” (for my use case) right before my update and then it didn’t.

I know for a fact there is no other UOM customization - at least until I just added one as I tried to do above to fix it.

I’ll submit an issue.

1 Like

Could be something to do with the measurement/state classes added for long term statistics.