History Graph component takes significant time to display

Unchanged here. Takes a fair while to show the coloured bar and then times out while ‘expanding’

So that’s one yes and one no. Guess I’ll have to try.

I normally don’t do x.0 updates but this time I think I will. I’ve already added entity_ids to all my template sensors.

well there’s a nasty lovelace bug with 0.81 so I’d wait for 0.81.1 if I was you…

I’m not using Lovelace yet.

This update has improved the graph display times for me. For the first page refresh the graphs are now actually being displayed after a delay of up to 10 seconds or so as opposed to not at all. Subsequent displaying of the graphs is quite snappy (< 1 sec).

My log is being flooded with these errors though:

2018-10-28 13:34:45 ERROR (SyncWorker_11) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Error executing query: (sqlite3.OperationalError) database is locked (Background on this error at: Error Messages — SQLAlchemy 2.0 Documentation

thats a database delete situation

Bear in mind that I am using a NUC Intel® Core™ i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60GHz as opposed to @DavidFW1960’s (I think) raspberry pi.

Yeah I figured as much. I was watching the other db files (.db-shm and .db-wal) they are being deleted after writes but the problem persists. Nuking the database is my next option but I’m about to go out and won’t have time to re-enter all my datetime inputs that get cleared. Will do it later this arvo.

I’m dying for a HassOS NUC image to be released.

You can install hass.io on top of debian or ubuntu.

1 Like

Nick - I also run a NUC7CJYH but you outgun me with an i5 lol!

That’s what I do. Debian. I would never run HassOS on a NUC - way too restrictive for no gain at all.

LOL it was just the best value one on trademe (NZ’s ebay equivalent).

With a 240gb ssd and 8gb ram mine was around AUD$383 - cheapest option. Arount 3 RPi3B’s with case, sd, power etc but so much more functional - docker images for everything I want and Hass.io as well.

Mine is only a 120GB SSD, and like yours has 8GB RAM. NZ$250.00 (pre-loved). I am pretty happy with it.

1 Like

Deleted the db and restarted. Seems to have done the trick. History graphs are loading super fast - bugger all data to load now :slight_smile:

I really dont want to have to learn to use and maintain docker containers. It’s another level of complexity I can do without. Everything I need to do I can do with add-ons in their containers managed by Hassio.

Of course and that is what I use however I run some docker stuff as well on the NUC totally unrelated to Home Assistant.

I was going to suggest that the portainer addon allows you to manage other docker containers on Hassio, then noticed that it is temporarily unavailable due to the auth changes…

Might be worth keeping an eye on though. I think it’s what I plan to use when I move my main install off my Pi3. I like the appliance nature of hassos/hassio but the added ability to slip something else on it should i need it also interesting.

@frenck any news on when it might be available again?

I run portainer in one of my other containers. Works perfectly but yes it seems the add-on is still broken.

Any news about this? I run hassos on rpi3 and history don’t load, deleted data base but it it’s a temporary solution

1 Like

Same. Within 24hrs it’s locking up again.
I just switched to the mariadb addon in hassio…