History not working

My history is not working. I am using lovelace and noticed some cards about a month or so ago had stopped updating history and just showed a straight line. And even a card that sas no history found. My history tab on the left menu of hassio has no records at all. When i try researching this issue i get answers such as add history to my yaml. I assume i just need to include the word history: or is there a bit more to it.

Just including history: is all you need to do. Seems like about a month ago was when all the upgrades to the recorder database happen. If you don’t care about your history data then probably the easiest thing to do would be to shut down HA and delete the database file as it might have been corrupted. When you restart HA a new file will be automatically created. The database is in the config directory and is named home-assistant_v2.db

1 Like

Are you using recorder?

I have deleted home-assistant_v2.db and restarted and all looks to be fixed. Thanks for your help

1 Like

If it continues, this may help you…

Have same problems if try open History -page “loading circle” circulating many hours and nothing happens. Any tips how i get that working or is only way to delete all data and delete that home-assistant-v2 -file?

My database file is 3gb size, Running newest version and hardware is RP3&memory card.

If i delete whole database is possible config new database saving data example whole year or years, or is that possible because size/and too slow handle that database?