Hive door sensors and plugs

And chance anyone has got the hive door sensors working with the conbee 2 deCONZ?

Just got mine today hoping it would work and clearly not…
I know it works with the motion sensors.

Also the hive plugs as well, any way I can get them working?

Or am I going to have to get Zigbee2mqtt running as well, I’d rather not as I’ve just get this nice expensive £40 cobee 2 when the cheap one seems to do everything I want.

Looks like I’m going to send the cobee back and get the cheap cc2531 instead.

So far a little disappointed :frowning:

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I had the same issue as you. Conbee 2, Deconz and various Hive kit including door sensors and plugs.

Never managed to get door sensors working after many attempts (Sorry I don’t recall if the hive plugs worked or not). I have since switched over ZHA integration rather than Deconz and the door and motion sensors pair and work great.

Word of advice though, avoid pairing any mains powered Hive devices to your Conbee 2 zigbee network unless you are only planning on using Hive kit. The zigbee routing capability of these devices are not 100% Zigbee compliant and you will find that other vendors kit may be very unstable or go completely offline.

For now I have left all my Hive devices apart from motion and door sensors connected to my hive hub and use the home assistant hive integration. The motion and door sensors are connected via the Conbee 2 and ZHA integration. The benefit of the sensors being on the Conbee 2 is that Home assistant detects the status change immediately compared to up to 2 minutes for the Hive integration.

I’ll take note about the plugs.
I moved over to ZHA.
I’m going to be getting rid of the hive door sensors as I find they seem to be polled a lot but the problem I’m having when that happens they stop working while that’s happening.
I can see when it’s happening as the led on it lights up and stays on for a couple of seconds.
Very frustrating when the wife keeps taking pleasure in telling me a light hasn’t switched on or off.
I’ve switched off all the hive plugs as a trial after what you said to see if I see any improvements with some of the issues I’m having.
Can’t say I’m to happy that I’m going to replace all the door sensors as they are not cheap in the first place.
I’ve been very frustrated with HA so far.
There’s lots I like about it but I just seem to have so meany annoying problems.
All the smart home equipment is to make life better but since I’ve gone to HA it’s been far from that lol

Sounds like you are going through the same pain as I did when first installing HA and Deconz. The only issues I had are the ones we have discussed, Deconz/Hive Sensor integration and Hive mains powered (routing) devices including plugs and lights. I am glad to say that that my Zigbee network is pretty stable now. Hopefully you will get there and start enjoying HA for what it can do for you.

I only have 3 Hive door sensors and 1 Hive motion sensor. They seem to work fine though with ZHA/Conbee but I much prefer the better and cheaper Aqara range of Zigbee equipment which can be purchased from AliExpress. So far I have integrated Aqara door sensors, motions sensors and a battery powered Zigbee light switch. All rock solid. I know it can be slow to receive items from AliExpress but the last 2 times I ordered door sensors from the ‘NillkinGlass Store’ they both arrived in 10 days. Currently a pack of 4 is sub £30 which is a fraction of the cost of Hive.

I also have Xiaomi Mijia Smart Wireless Switch ‘buttons’ and IKEA Lights, a plug socket and battery dimmer switch which again are much cheaper than Hive.

Hi. I’m having a bit of bother getting my Hive door sensors to talk to ZHA (the motion sensors work fine). Are there any tips you could give me?

Edit: Never mind… as soon as I asked for help, the stupid thing connected :joy:

Hey Guys - Just a quick one which Zigbee devices are you lot using to connect to the Hive sensors?

I want to make the switch and eventually swap over to cheap zigbee devices over time.

Hi All, I got the door sensors and plugs working but my Hive Motion sensors are stuck saying motion detected in Deconz therefore HA is saying the same. Anyone had this issue?

Hi yes I have the same issue with my motion sensor.
I only have the one, it just permanently detects motion.
I just gave up using it for now when the battery went flat.