Hive Heating UK

Yep, but strangely climate.hive_heating works and climate.hive_hotwater does not.

Hi @rendili

Could you not test the adding of multiple devices of the same type by temporarily changing the code to duplicate the list with one device in it to create a list with 2 devices but the same device duplicated? I know it won’t be possible to test the functions of the devices but it would allow you to put the foundation code in place for adding 2 devices of the same type and HA registering them?

Khole

@gr4z Have you tried the hotwater in your sequence on its own to see if it works?
Do you get any errors in the log?

Hi @Khole,

Yes I think this could be possible, for sure on things like lights as I assume that the light devices all hang off of the hub, but for heating and hotwater there is a bit more of a hierarchical setup which needs to be taken care of to cater for zones.
For example, I was just looking in to the hierarchy for my installation and I have the following:

Device: DeviceNodeID --> DeviceParentNodeID
Hub : HubNodeID --> HubNodeID
Thermostat : ThermostatNodeID --> HubNodeID
Receiver : ReceiverNodeID --> HubNodeID
Heating : HeatingNodeID --> ReceiverNodeID
Hotwater : HotwaterNodeID --> ReceiverNodeID

So I assume with a 2nd heating / hotwater zone you would get another three devices (receiver, heating, hotwater) at least and they would have the same hierarchy, but I would need to see someones Node details to confirm. Maybe this could also be simulated also? but I don’t think it would be as simple as lights, sensors and plugs

Hi @rendili

An update on the lights, we are fully working after your changes and a few other changes converting the brightness to percentage and rounding it up.

The brightness now appears

and we can happily switch the light on and update the brightness (below is a screenshot of the logging you added showing the brightness always rounded up to the nearest 5 when switching it on)

i had to make a change to the retrieving of the brightness in the main script as well because it was retrieving a percentage value from hive and the maximum value is 100, so it was only showing the brightness slider on the front end just under halfway because HA maximum value is 255. so i had to covert the percentage for HA.

Please could you have a look at the changes i have made and if you are happy with them, it might be worth posting and new post with all the updated files so people aren’t confused with the old files above.

Hive_Main.yaml (61.2 KB)
Hive_Lights.yaml (2.6 KB)

Thanks
Khole

1 Like

Good work @Khole, I will take a proper look tonight hopefully as well as merging your latest version with the changes I have made also to the main component file. I have been more busy this last week than anticipated so progress on what I have trying to work on has been slow.

Hello,

I have started a new topic called “Hive Integration” in the Third party integrations category as @Khole and I felt that due to the work @Khole has done adding Hive Active Lights support to this platform it not just regarding Hive Heating as the title of this topic “Hive Heating UK” suggests.

Going forward the platform added to the new topic could be expanded to add support for all the Hive products.

Thanks

Hi GreenTurtwig,

I’m new to HA and I’m well impressed by this, many thanks for your time :grinning:

I’m using Hassio, so for anyone out there that’s using this (Hassio) copy your file to the following

\config\custom_components (Custom components needs creating)

Thanks Again

I have a British Gas Remote Heating system, installed in 2013, which was migrated to the Hive platform a couple of years ago. It’s not supported by Google Assistant or IFTTT - can it be controlled by HA?

Componant already in HA, please check the following

Thanks for that - I’d since come across that, and now have my thermostat in a “Climate” section on my HA console. I was wondering if I could ask a couple of questions on it:

1. What exactly does “Aux heat” do?
  2. What commands are available for the climate.heating entity if I want to control it from a script? For example, if I wanted to switch operating mode from Scheduled to Manual (and vice versa), and if I wanted to set a specific temperature?
    What I’d like to do is set up an IFTTT applet to do these things (from Google Home), so I’m trying to piece together what URL and json data I need to specify.

I can’t see any climate controls after adding the hive component. Have I set it up wrong? I’ve added these lines to my configuration.yaml:

hive:
username: username
password: password

climate:
platform: hive

hi @Frazzyfin

if you are looking to use the built-in component for Hive, then all you need is:

hive:
  username: YOUR_USERNAME
  password: YOUR_PASSWORD

are you seeing any errors in your log?

I’ve tried removed the climate part in my configuration.yaml, but i’m still not seeing anything to do with the Hive on my dashboard. Nothing about Hive in my home-assistant.log either.

Ok I’ve increased the logging level and these are the only lines containing the word “hive” after a restart of hassio. One of the lines is “Setup of domain hive took 7.2 seconds.”, so why can’t I see anything on the dashboard?

https://pastebin.com/E0enpvBa

The entities are climate.heating and climate.hot_water, no hive in the names

Ok so are you saying I should be looking for climate.heating in the logs?

Also on the hassio about page it says Hive is loaded.

Does it not appear in dev-states?

Unfortunately not.