I have started a new topic for Hive Integration, as due to the work that @Khole has done with integrating Hive Active Lights we now have a Hive platform which supports Hive heating, hotwater and lights.
@Khole has integrated a light custom component into the Hive platform so that we can now have one platform and configuration to add to your setup which will detect which devices you have in your Hive installation and add them to Home Assistant.
To set this up Home Assistant please follow these steps:
- Download and copy the hive_main.yaml (57.0 KB) file to “/custom_components/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_main.yaml to hive.py
- Download and copy the hive_climate.yaml (4.5 KB) file to “/custom_components/climate/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_climate.yaml to hive.py
- Download and copy the hive_sensor.yaml (11.6 KB) file to “/custom_components/sensor/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_sensor.yaml to hive.py
- Download and copy the hive_lights.yaml (2.7 KB) file to “/custom_components/light/hive.py” taking care to change the file name from hive_light.yaml to hive.py
- Add the following to your configuration.yaml
hive: username: YourHiveUserName password: YourHivePassword
This configuration will then detect and add all your devices. To move these devices to a group you can use a configuration like this one:
> name: Hive Heating
> - sensor.hive_heating_mode
> - sensor.hive_heating_boost
> - sensor.hive_heating_state
> - sensor.hive_hot_water_mode
> - sensor.hive_hot_water_boost
> - sensor.hive_hot_water_state
> - sensor.hive_target_temperature
> - sensor.hive_current_temperature
> - sensor.hive_thermostat_battery_level
> - climate.hive_heating
> - climate.hive_hotwater
> - light.hive_active_light
This will add them to a group similar to below:
If you do not want to add all devices that are detected to Home Assistant, you can use the optional “devices” configuration and only include the devices you would like to add.
The below example shows the configuration to add all devices, but you can remove the devices you don’t want:
hive: username: YourHiveUserName password: YourHivePassword devices: - hive_heating - hive_hotwater - hive_thermostat_batterylevel - hive_heating_currenttemperature - hive_heating_targettemperature - hive_heating_state - hive_heating_mode - hive_heating_boost - hive_hotwater_mode - hive_hotwater_state - hive_hotwater_boost - hive_active_light
At the moment this platform only supports one of each device type, but we are working on adding support for multiple devices of the same type, for example three active lights, or two heating zones. If anyone has multiple devices it would be great to have some people that could help with feedback and testing to assist with developing this.
One last note, from what I gather, Hive have released this now in the US and Canada, the platform as is now may support Hive installations there but as yet is untested. If you are from the US or Canada and have a Hive installation and try this out, please let @Khole or myself no how you get on.