Hive Integration

Thankfully seeing no issues here, changing temp and mode working as expected and lights all ok. The android app was updated a couple of times in the last week, not sure about the online build or particular firmware as I don’t see an easy way to tell when it is updated.

1 Like

Hi @Rendili

No error on change, as soon as I start HA I get that error, I’m unable to change the Heating Mode from the web front end it usually has an option to change the mode and temp and that seems to be lost.

Imgur

I can still change the heating via Hive app and it shows correctly on HA

Thanks

Hi @morning_call did you do all 4 files in the update? or are you still running the original files?

Hi @Craig86,

The screenshot you show there is from one of the sensors which displays only the Heating State (Mode), if you click on the climate device “Hive Heating” :

Then you should have the same options as before for changing temperature and mode :

I’ve just realised that’s actually missing entirely from mine now, I’ve only got the sensors (Not climate control entity in dev tools) I’ve only got sensors, no hive control like I had previously

Figured it out, I removed my config and re-added and it’s appeared now (in my main configuration.yaml) sorry for that

no problem, glad to hear its back again :slight_smile:

Hi @Craig86 just see you message now, glad you are up and running.

I’m pulling my hair out a bit with this. I’m sure i’m doing something wrong but i can’t seem to get the custom component to load.

When i validate my config i get:

2017-05-30 11:18:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component hive
2017-05-30 11:18:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for hive: Component not found.

Failed config
General Errors:
- Component not found: hive
- Setup failed for hive: Component not found.

As far as I can see I’ve unpacked all files correctly, any ideas on where I’ve tripped up?

Hi @tristophe,

Looking at the error it could be that the configuration is in place but it can’t find the file(s)

The main things are to download all four files, copy each one to the correct folder, then rename each one to hive.py.
Once the files are in the correct location and all files have the name hive.py then restart the home assistant service and it should discover all your hive products currently supported and add them to home assistant

2 Likes

I completely reinstalled the files and it all worked! However, after installing the files from the May 27th update my light disappears, if i roll back to the original files it shows up again.

Is there a dependency i may be missing (this is on a Windows box)? I can’t see anything obvious in the logs

Hi @tristophe

What type of Hive light do you have?
Do you have the devices section in your config?

Apologies, I have edited the current post as I thought we had changed this but it is still needs to be set to light.hive_active_light sorry about that.

Do you get any error messages in the log when HA try’s to setup the light?

2 Likes

Thanks, this is exactly what my problem was, I had created the groups with the light and just needed to update the groups/customization for it all to show.

All works perfectly now!

Thanks for all your help and work on this guys!

1 Like

Hi - please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with implementation of a two heating zone update

Hi @PianSom,

This would be great if you are able to assist with this, I have been wondering how this would hang together.

At the moment we are doing a big re-write of a lot of the code and adding support for plugs and motion sensors, but after that it would great to work with you to add multiple heating zones.
I think after the next update you may see a change in the heating which may be enough, but I think it may need some work / tweaking.

When we release the next version, let me know how it works for you and we can go from there :slight_smile:

Will happily do so.

Also, let me know if it would help to see output from the API - http://www.smartofthehome.com/2016/05/hive-rest-api-v6/

PS You may find the comment at the bottom about the new API of interest. I did!

HI @PianSom,

Yes it would be good to see some output from the API, but as you mentioned there is a new API that is used by the website and we are re-writing for that.
I can PM you some details on how to get the output from this if you need some assistance?
thanks,

Hey @rendili - yes, feel free.

I usually use Postman, though haven’t had a look at the new api yet

hi @PianSom
yep Postman will do the trick :slight_smile:
I should just need the Products and Devices output. so I can see how the different zones hang together