Hive Integration

Anyone else having issues with Hive Lovelace card not updating properly?

Everything else seems to work but the card does not show the status of the hive. It shows the current temp and the predefine for the boost…

Any ideas? Thanks

@DiamondCocktail
Are you using the custom component? if so you will need to update the manifest file in the custom component folder too.
Also, are you in the US using the US Hive system, or in the UK using the UK system but with a US model?

@rechena
when you say does not show the status of the Hive, do you mean the mode its in, such as Off, Schedule or Manual?

Yep that’s correct. It even use to change color. But all the entities update in the background though…

It looks ok on my installation, if I press the middle Heat button it lights up and the status changes
Pressing the right power button and the status goes back to Off

Although I notice that the left icon is different for your screenshot for some reason. What version of HA are you on? mine is 0.97.2 at the moment.

Oh… interesting that’s what mine used to do. I’m on 0.92.2

If you start the heating using the hive app or the panel does it update?

Wondering if something change on the integration…

Will check again, not really excited to upgrade again :frowning:

there was a pretty major re-write to the climate components a couple of versions back, quite possibly got sorted during that

Yes, when I change in the app it reflects the same change in HA Hive heating panel. Takes a few moments as the Hive data is only pull refreshed by default every 2 minutes.

Yep, I’ve just updated to 0.98 and after fixing everything that it broke :frowning: as usual. I’ve managed to get the hive card working and updatting again… and after pulling the latestt custom_components from the github, all is working again :slight_smile:

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s still happening :frowning:

It’s on but no yellow and it shows as off…

Any ideas?

I forgot to mention in my post that I already updated manifest.json in the custom component before trying it. I also confirmed that the updated version was installed properly.

I am using the US Hive system in the US.

Would you confirm that you have yet to update your example.py file in python to show these new thermostats from my previous post? I am trying to learn a bit and that file will be helpful. As I noted, I am showing what appears to be 6 devices via len(api_device_list_all) but the for loops after that print and sort the types/names only show two. I was trying to iterate the entire list but ran into errors.

Thanks in advance.

@DiamondCocktail

Is your thermostat setup in standalone line mode? I have seen other people report hive doesn’t with HA if it’s in standalone mode.

@rechena, sorry I really cant think of anything else, other than making sure waiting long enough for the status change of the Hive data made directly on Hive to have long enough for the regular data fetch for the Hive Home Assistant component to pick up the change

@DiamondCocktail, Also it would be interesting to see your Hive API data exchange to understand what goes on from the US version.
Please could you PM me if you would be ok with going through getting that data and sending it through?

@Khole I actually don’t even know what standalone line mode is.

@rendili I would absolutely be glad to help. I will send you a PM.

I also wanted to note the firmware version of my hub which is 1.0.0-5999-T16

@rendili Since I’m new to the board, it doesn’t look like I can send PMs. Please send me a PM whenever you get a chance.

Thanks.

@DiamondCocktail

Standalone mode is a setup that can be used when a person does not have a hub or an internet connection but they can still control heating by connecting the thermostat directly to the boiler receiver.

A scenario where an issue would occur could be if you had hive heating installed without a hub, basically in standalone mode and then later purchased a hive hub at a later date. The activation of the hive hub in a persons setup would not take the thermostat out of standalone mode and the user would have to reset up the thermostat not in standalone mode if that makes sense.

Thank you for your detailed reply. I do not have the hub/thermostat in standalone mode however.

Hi @rendili,

I think this may have broken again with latest HA release.
just update to HA 0.100.1 and the entities for the comment are unavailable.

had the following error:

## Log Details (WARNING)

Fri Oct 11 2019 14:42:31 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)

Unable to find services.yaml for the hive integration

Just about to revert back to HA 0.99.3 to see if it recovers.

Will also open an issue on GitHub

Edit:
Have reverted back to HA0.99.3 and every thing is working fine so looks like something may have changed in the way custom components work in 0.100.1

Hi @GuruPG

Are you using the custom component?

Hi All

In HA release 100 we have introduced a boost service for heating and hot water allowing users to boost whilst also setting a defined period of time for the boost. This can be used manually in the developer tools but can also be used in HA automations and scripts.

For anyone using the custom component this has required a new file called services.yaml which has now been added to the GitHub repo. Please could anyone upgrading pull the latest files from GitHub.