Hive Integration

Hi @mtrista
sorry for the delayed response.
good news that it is showing up for your and appears to be accurate for temp.
To go forward with adding functionality to control I would need export of the Hive API data from different states of the hive settings as set by the app. To be honest though, at the moment I am not sure when I would have the time to work on it at the moment.

It would certainly be good to be able to communicate and manipulate the hive stuff locally rather than through the cloud, but I would think that the hive devices would have to be removed from the hive cloud setup, which I am a little uneasy with.

Please excuse these basic questions. I’m not a power user of HA but about a year ago got to a Lovelace Overview that works for me and includes all my home automation stuff, including Hive.
Since then I have just made sure my HA (on RPi) and add-ons are up to date.

I want to add the facility to boost Heating and HW. Despite going through this thread I’m missing something basic and need a bit of help.

I’ve added HACS (icon in sidebar now) and Rendili Integrations so now I have entities for Heating & HW Boost, Mode and State which I don’t recall ever having before. So far so good.

Adding hive.boost_heating & hive.boost_hot_water:
I’m assuming this will add functionality, by which I mean be more than something to be entered manually in Developer Tools / Services then press Call Service.
I tried adding the sample scripts to the scripts.yaml but get config errors. Where should they go?

Sorry for the (I’m sure) dumb Q’s but I’m a hobbyist and after a year things are having to be re-learned.

Hey @rendili - long time!

Just to ket you know, I think your integration broke 3 days ago. Looking at github there was an update then, and since I’ve been throwing “Unavailable” errors. Just done a full re0install via HACS (after deleting and restoring the custom repository) and am still getting the error below in my log

Hi @PianSom

That’s not a hive error that errors seems to be coming from the hacs custom component not the hive one.

I’m not sure if hacs has been upgraded recently or not. Hacs is a very active repository so if it has broken by mistake then they should release an update soon to fix it.

Thanks for the feedback @rendili

Hopefully just a short term issue

D’oh, Stupidly, I posted the wrong screen grab. Here’s the right one, @rendili

@PianSom I’m not sure if it is related, however, I had a similar issue with Hive in HACS recently. I have been getting all sorts of errors with the Hive component and HACS showing that “v2019.1” is available, but can’t find it or install from Github.

Rolling back to 781a8b8 has restored a working version for me…

@PianSom

Please could you try that again now from the latest commit. It should be fixed

Thanks @Khole, but I’m afraid still an error for me.

Hi @sooty - happy to try an older version of the Hive plugin, but it’s been a while since I looked at this stuff and I’m a bit rusty. Please can you advise how to choose a version from the HACS gui (or otherwise via a command line)

Also, I m assuming that you are up-to-date on HACS?

@PianSom

Apologies made a rookie
Mistake please can you try again now

@Khole - nothing new showing up yet … (10.45.00am)

@PianSom
Do you mean it’s not picking up the new commit?

@Khole - yes, this is what I am seeing in HACS
Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 10.48.42

@PianSom

It looks like your waiting for hacs to scan the repo again. You can force it by doing a restart then updating and restarting again.

I’m also having an issue with this and HACS, can’t update, change the version or uninstall, The loading circle does not stop:

@Holdestmade

Yes I was testing with releases and removed it hacs needs to update removing the release as an option.

OK thanks, I’ll wait for that

@Khole - all working again. Thank you

Latest version of HACS and Hive

so Hive is working here… but my logs are still cluttered with the errors (after many restarts!). Any ideas how I can clear it?

ERROR (MainThread) [hacs.repository.integration.Rendili.hive-for-home-assistant] GitHub returned 404 for https://api.github.com/repos/Rendili/hive-for-home-assistant/git/trees/v2019.1
ERROR (MainThread) [hacs.factory] Rendili/hive-for-home-assistant - GitHub returned 404 for https://api.github.com/repos/Rendili/hive-for-home-assistant/git/trees/v2019.1