Hive Integration

Thanks @bradderz and @MagicalTrev89 that custom component hack has got me back online for now :grin: :clap: :clap: :+1:

Fix is up. Thanks a lot guys, everything is back online now.

1 Like

Hi All,

I have made the URL change and updated the custom component to use the new version. This should be available in HACs as version 2020.0

Will look at doing a PR to add this into home assistant core code

@rendili

5 Likes

Any advice for running HA in a docker instance? Iโ€™ve editted /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/pyhiveapi.py and changed URL to โ€œcognitoโ€ but no diceโ€ฆ

@splendid Home assistant does use the standard site-packages installed within python its uses its own which are store in the home assistant config folder. the pyhiveapi library will need changing there

Thanks @Khole, but Iโ€™m struggling to find where you mean?

Im not familiar with the docker stuff and where HA stores it packages I know on standalone build it is in the home assistant configuration folder.

Thatโ€™s all I had to edit and 're started the container and worked for me

Hi @Khole - updated to 2020.0 via HACS and all is well

Thank all

I have been using the core integration for Hive. If I use this custom integration instead (v 2020.0) to get things back up and running, will the entity names be the same or will I have to edit my automations?

I can confirm with the latest version all is back working. What a great community :slight_smile: thanks guys

@Khole & @rendili

Any chance of a fix for the beta version?

I am using version 2020.1_b2 (as per your advice in PMs) at present due to issues with the integration and multiple heating zones. If I update to version 2020.0 then all my thermostats disappear.

Would really appreciate it.
Thanks for all your work

Back up and running again, thank you to everyone who managed to get such a quick fix on this.

Ill look at updating the beta version now.

For anyone using docker, you can temporarily fix this by replacing the URL in pyhiveapi. First figure out your container name using docker ps. In my case itโ€™s home-assistant. Then:

#Backup the file onto host
cd ~
docker cp home-assistant:/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/pyhiveapi.py .

#Replace /global/ with /cognito/
docker exec -it home-assistant sed -i 's/\/global\//\/cognito\//g'  /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhiveapi/pyhiveapi.py

#Restart
docker restart home-assistant
2 Likes

How can I edit pyhiveapi? iโ€™m using homeassistant core in a VM

Hi @Khole - there are 2 Hive Custom Component packages in HACS and it looks like I am using does not yet have an update applied.

Is it also possible to apply the fix to this version too?

If anyone else comes to this thread wondering the same thing, I can confirm that, having just installed this custom component, all my entity names seem to have remained the same and all my automations still work.

Nice work. Iโ€™ll bung this in a script and run after container updates etc until resolved.

This is fixed in pyhiveapi version 0.20.2 which is available on pypi. All it needs is an update to the Home Assistant dependencies and a new release.