Hive - Smart Radiator Valves coming May

Just found and pre-ordered online that Hive are releasing Radiator valves in the UK at the end of May

Just wondering how does the integration with these happen through HA? Will hive need to open their APIs to HA or will someone need to develop something for it?

It looks like Hive supports Zigbee? The two hot HA zigbee integrations are DeCONZ & zigbee2mqtt. I think you can submit a request to have Hive support added.

I’ve also just ordered some. I am running zigbee2mqtt already, although not for my other hive elements currently, due to range issues. I will see what the integrations like when they arrive, then wait till someone with a brain bigger than mine writes something to allow them to be more user friendly.

Hi there @smith844

Just wondered if you had any luck with the integrations and your hive TRV’s?

Thanks

Hi @taz
Sadly I have moved house and although i have the valves, they are in a box awaiting me moving to a house where i can fit them. I have kept an eye on forums but not a lot of mentions yet. I was hoping that given that winter is coming, there would be more activity. If i see anything I will stick it on here.

Regards

Hi @smith844,

I bought some of the TRVs and door sensors at the same time. The door sensors came up as new devices on HA straight after the first reload, but the TRV’s didn’t. Roll forward a few weeks and I noticed they were now showing up and I have them configured the same as the main thermostat.

Not really sure what’s triggered them to appear to be honest but now they have I’m not complaining.

Thanks for the reply though!

I’ve just added a Hive TRV. But when I call set HVAC mode to Heat on my climate.heating, the TRV also switches from Schedule to Manual. This seems wrong.

Anybody else seen this using the inbuilt Hive integration (not custom)?