Hive temperatures not visible

Hi. Complete noob here. I have HA set up on virtualbox and all good apart from hive integration. I have used the official hive integration but have no temperature related information at all.

I had things running a while ago and had all thermostat and trv temperature / climate info available but now it’s just switches and battery levels

Sorry to trouble you but does anyone have any ideas where to go without full reinstall action?

Thanks
Paul

Hi again - full reinstall done, added the standard hive configuration and still no temperatures for TRVs or thermostat - only battery levels.

does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
paul

That is strange, have you set up using 2FA ?

hi - thanks for the reply. i am using 2fa and it asked for the passcode on setup. i finally accessed the logs - maybe they can help?

Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: components/hive/init.py:150
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:25:47 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:25:47

Error while setting up hive platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 281, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/climate.py”, line 64, in async_setup_entry
entities.append(HiveClimateEntity(hive, dev))
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/climate.py”, line 113, in init
super().init(hive_session, hive_device)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/init.py”, line 150, in init
model=self.device[“deviceData”][“model”],
KeyError: ‘model’

Logger: homeassistant.components.switch
Source: components/hive/init.py:150
Integration: Switch (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:25:48 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:25:48

Error while setting up hive platform for switch
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 281, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/switch.py”, line 43, in async_setup_entry
entities.append(HiveSwitch(hive, dev, description))
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/switch.py”, line 52, in init
super().init(hive, hive_device)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/init.py”, line 150, in init
model=self.device[“deviceData”][“model”],
KeyError: ‘model’

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/hive/sensor.py:66
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:25:47 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:25:47

hive: Error on device update!
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 493, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 703, in async_device_update
await task
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/sensor.py”, line 66, in async_update
self._attr_native_value = self.device[“status”][“state”]
KeyError: ‘status’

Does homeassistant show up as a trusted device in the Hive App ?

seems like i have a few as i have been trying this for weeks. think i should delete them all and restart with a fresh VM?

Yes probably delete all those from the Hive App, log out of hive and re-log in, then remove hive integration and restart ha and the try installing hive integration again.

EC9002AD-A091-4559-A921-918019F98693

thanks for helping

did all you suggested, but no better i’m afraid :frowning:

No idea then sorry

thanks again though… i may start a new thread with the error log to see if it’s a more generic problem

If you Google search there’s lots of similar issues, maybe you can find an answer there

Thanks. Specifically problems with hive, or these log messages in general?

Hi Paul,

Did you get anywhere with this? I’m a new starter when it comes to HA, but know my way around somewhat now. I’m seeing the same issue as you - my Hive integrations are for battery data only. No access to my central heating.

I noticed your name on the GitHub thread for known issues too and can see that it hasn’t progressed for quite a while now. Surprised that the HA staff have let it go cold…