HLK-LD2412 sensor ESPHome support

Hi,

I ordered a few HLK-LD2412 sensors as I am using the LD2410 in a ceiling mount and my initial testing was very positive.

Is there anyone working on supporting this for Homeassistant? I haven’t seen anything so I have adapted the LD2410 codebase to support the various sensors via UART and the sensor works really well according to some initial tests.

I’d be happy to help support this officially, but I haven’t really any knowledge in official development practices, so if this codebase can help anyone, I’m very happy :slight_smile:

The code is available here: GitHub - abaumhof/homeassistant_public

Please note that this only supports the sensor values. All configuration needs to be done via the HLKRadarTool app via bluetooth at this stage.

I know that screekworkshop has been posting about it… If anyone has any help optimmizing this and share tips and tricks, that’d be awesome.

Cheers
Andreas

1 Like

Thanks @abaumhof I was able to get LD2412 module to work with ESP32 C3. However, it seems to generate a lot of false positives in a complete empty room. Do you experience this issue?

I was sidetracked a bit and just got back to testing them again. There is a new firmware out, make sure you use that. That will improve static detection.

I’m having some trouble with moving detection - both from a false positive point of view but also not detecting movement in gate 5-6 (my use case is ceiling-mount, so gate 5-6 are pretty much my last ones). Basically if I stand there, I can see that static detection detects me, but when I move my arms, moving energy levels wont move much.

I just reached out to them… Hopefully they optimise move detection after they optimised static detection in a new firmware. For me, static detection is much more accurate and better than the LD2410C