HLK-LD2450 Initial experiments to connect to HomeAssistant

2A New features - exclusion area 1

We have received a lot of feedback from people and did find that certain fixed possible fans and other motors may have been generating interference and this made zone setup difficult.

We have added this new zone exclusion feature, which currently supports Exclude Zone 1 (abbreviated as Zout1):

• Can be turned on and off with a separate switch

• The magnification of the excluded zones can be quickly adjusted using the exclusion tolerance.

Since there are simply too many settings, we have found from users that it may be easier to use the web interface.

Test firmware V230806_2_Beta or higher is required to enable this feature.

Beta Firmware For 2A (screek.io)

Do you mind sharing your yaml? I tried using screek by slightly modify it to use with my esp32dev board but itā€™s not booting up.
I switched to tsunglung, and it was working for me

1. From the feedback Iā€™ve read, it seems to have a problem with multi target. Since my fans (interference) are detected, if I move around (2 targets are listed), and once I sit down, it reverts to 1 target. It seems to detect the more active target which is my spinning fan in the same area.
  2. my fans and ac are detected by the sensor, Iā€™m guessing this is the part where I have to adjust x & y distance for exclusion?
  3. Updated the sensor to the latest july build. Is it normal that it still shows the july ota ready for upgrade if I connect to the app again?

I received my 2A today and have updated its firmware to V230807_1_Beta.
To do some testing, I have setup 3 zones and it is detecting a single target moving between the zones successfully. It seems to also detect a second target sometimes but not all the time and when one target moves to another zone, the other target seems to disappear and is no longer detected. Hopefully the next firmware release from HiLink will improve its handling of multiple targets.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you got it, and yes, currently locked in single target most active mode, hilink will be open to switch in the future.
Weā€™ll update with some info on the content at:

Multiple Targets Mode Progress (screek.io)

Since yaml is set up for ESP32-C3 without a serial chip, you may need to
Weā€™re currently in beta, and the new code will be updated to Github as it stabilizes.

It is recommended not to update the v1.23 firmware for the ld2450, we have found it to be too sensitive and detects signals such as fans. It is a beta and it is recommended to go back to v1.22.

For the fan case, you can try not facing the fan and also make sure the LD2450 is running v1.22 firmware, which may help.
From what weā€™ve been told, multiplayer mode will be available for switching in the near future: Notion ā€“ The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

Itā€™s a ceiling fan, and the sensor is not positioned towards it, I did try leaning the sensor a bit to the floor. Iā€™m not sure if this helps since it still detects my ac when itā€™s turned on

I reverted back to firmware 1.22 but itā€™s not doing any better
Looking forward for the next update if that improves this

1 Like

Another feature to consider is fall detection. Single oldies living at home hate wearing the emergency buttons, but a few mmwave sensors that can detect falls (or detect a person on the ground) could be really amazing, and push additional sales in a slightly different market.

I was trying to get wife approval for some mmwave sensors and showed her the FP2 webpage, the fall detection was something she was excited for her grandmother.

1 Like

We will be collecting FAQā€™s for these usage scenarios together and hopefully bring them to Hilinkā€™s attention in the future as well, and will also be feeding them back.
I donā€™t know if I mentioned it, but one of hilinkā€™s visions for the way to fix interference in general is to make a way to exclude an area of interference in the same way that you can draw a picture.
It sounds wonderful, but we donā€™t know how long it will take to realize it, and weā€™re still waiting for the multiplayer mode firmware to be developed. But the last we heard from hilink is that theyā€™ve been very busy lately trying to customize some products for their customers.
Sometimes hilink can still be amazingly efficient though, at least their excellent planning to make the ld2410 so popular is an amazing thing. As far as I can tell they are also trying to evaluate how to make the ld2450 easier to use.

and for the v1.23 beta fm for ld2450: This is close to our test results, and v1.23, the beta version, seems to have overly sensitive issues.

1 Like

about question 3:
At this point in time (2023-8-22), the app functionality of the ld2450 remains rather rudimentary, with one of the more puzzling aspects being the fact that it still may alert for updates after updating the ota.
The beta version of v1.23 seems to recognize a portion of the version number, but adjusts the sensitivity too high to easily recognize the fan.
One explanation we got from hilink is that if you refirm a firmware of the same version, there will be an error in the validation and it wonā€™t update once again. So, this strange logic is sometimes that not being able to update successfully means you are already on this firmware.
Really strange? But when you think about radar modules that donā€™t have bluetooth to update the firmware, then it seems to be a bit lucky again.

Sorry we havenā€™t responded in time, our days are busy and sparse, these diyā€™s seem to take a lot of time.

To answer your interesting suggestion, this is the second time weā€™ve received it.
This seems to be a year of radars all over the place, and we do see a lot of specialized radars with fall detection.
Of course, they are not inexpensive and the detection range doesnā€™t seem to be great.
The fp2 uses what appears to be a very specialized radar sensor that seems to be able to do a lot of things.
In the realm of millimeter wave radars with even stranger capabilities, we noticed:

• Water level monitoring radar, very expensive! Almost as much as $90 a sensor. We donā€™t seem to be able to use this, and itā€™s hard to start exploring it at the moment.
  • Sleep radars, which are mounted at the head of the bed and detect breathing, rolling over, heart rate, leaving the bed, sleep quality, etc. About $15, we have some samples on hand and if we have time we will test and share them in the community.
  • Fall radar: probably in China or the world, the elderly are a very important group, my grandma fell again this year also almost very dangerous. This kind of radar seems to be subdivided into a specialized area with specialized radar modules. Theyā€™re about $20, and the interesting thing is that theyā€™re almost always supplied to nursing homes for these, and thereā€™s an extreme lack of interest from individual players. Weā€™d like the opportunity to explore them, but theyā€™re relatively cost prohibitive and weā€™re having a hard time being able to find the funds to get them off the ground, maybe after we sell more simple, common sensors? I donā€™t know. International sharing is fraught with challenges. Iā€™ve tried to translate some of the information for you, itā€™s been enjoyable for us to explore them, and itā€™s been great to have everyoneā€™s support and interesting suggestions. Now we will think about the fall detection thing.
1 Like

Could you share the yaml of the latest version?

itā€™s live on github:)
you can check the beta folder.

Thanks.
I had not found this version. Just the other one without the zone limits.
How did you enable zone 2 and 3?
Itā€™s not working on mine.
Iā€™m using this version:

try this:

Iā€™m using the last firmware, but targets 2 and 3 donā€™t work. Any idea?

V1.2 firmware is recommended, 1.3 firmware is too sensitive and prone to error interference.
Regarding the simultaneous recognition of three targets, the official firmware is still not open, unfortunately. The latest information I got is that it needs to be mid-September, and it looks like the misjudgment may be more obvious when there are multiple people, and they may want to roll it out with the appā€™s zoning feature.

We publish the latest information we know on the documentation page:

Which version of firmware does the new firmware refer to? No pull-up resistors are used. At present, my LD2450 radar data occasionally finds the phenomenon of suspended animation.

Hi, iā€™m using this config

I have a ceiling fan thatā€™s detected at this radius

How do I configure the settings to exclude that target1 (fan) zoneout/zonein?
I tried limiting the end zone for x/y target 1 but doesnā€™t seem to fix it

How you have configured it above will not remove the fan from the ā€˜Any Presenceā€™ detection as it is just setting a restriction for Zone 1. If the fan is outside of the Zone 1 range, then the ā€˜Zone 1 Presenceā€™ sensor should remain clear and not detect the fan.
I think if you want to exclude the fan from the ā€˜Any Presenceā€™ sensor, you need to configure the exclusion zone using the ā€˜Zout1ā€™ configuration settings.

ok, i added these range to the Zout but itā€™s still the same result.
Anything else I need to change?