HLK-LD2450 Initial experiments to connect to HomeAssistant

It is a 1.5mm 4pin connector.

1 Like

When it comes to decimals, I think the conversion to float is necessary and good.
On the esp32-c3, the processing resources are powerful, and the power supply is stable, and the memory is plentiful, so I don’t think these small calculations are too much of a strain on it at all.
I think I can merge this cool code next.

Great job, and putting the angle calculations into it is a great idea!
Combined with these features from athua, this firmware becomes much more versatile.

But the final code for the angle aspect seems to be truncated, unfortunately.

thank you.

Yes, we have also changed the pronouncement of sharing diy products in ebay, this radar is only suitable as a moving or micro-motion target tracking radar, it has no static detection.
This is one of the more important facts that we have discovered together recently that explains a lot of situations.

The comments are wrong, but the code is there. I needed to move the code up because I ended up using it to validate that the target is within the boundary area.

Starts here:

float p1_a = (p1_x);
1 Like

Thanks, this is a great idea.
I also see the property of separating people into left and right based on the x-axis is handy.

I couldn’t do the math using int16, so I converted it to a float. Maybe it’s possible to improve the code.

1 Like

Does the LD1151H also has multi target and possible to add exclusion zones?

1 Like

Thank you for confirming. It looked like that would be the right one but there customer support told me it was not.

The LD1151H is not a tracking radar, it’s just a longer range ld2410-like radar with what appear to be certain algorithmic improvements.
But I can’t get any useful information from the documentation, unfortunately, the specific internals of this radar all seem like secrets.

The 2450 has two sets of interfaces, the simplest of which is for the ZH1.5, and the other, more complex (lots of pins, some of which are obviously intended for customized functionality). are of a different specification.
Generally speaking, ZH1.5 is the best for DIY connections.
We can be relatively sure of this because we’ve used over 600 of them.

We have merged athua’s delayed off code to make this delayed shutdown feature easily available to everyone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/screekworkshop/comments/167tjxf/2a_beta_firmware_update_v230902_beta/

Next we would like to merge walberjunior’s angle and movement direction description code.

The code has also been updated to a beta version on github.

As a movement tracking radar the LD2450 offers new possibilities. It’s great that for once DIY is ahead of commercial products.

1 Like

Is there an upgraded version LD2450 with static tracking by hilink?
Was gonna suggest about combining with LD2410 somehow but looks like you’re already working on it.

The last information we got was mid-September, but we don’t know if there will be any more delays:

Sorry, what i meant was if hilink have another radar that does multitracking target like ld2450 and static detection.

At the moment we haven’t found any, but there are some interesting radars from other manufacturers that cost around $15-$20 and they have 2 moving target tracking and one static target tracking.
But what I really dislike about these manufacturers is that almost all of them have no direct contact channels and their supply is inconsistent.

like this one: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=721818750012

1 Like

Hi, with the new timeout added for each zones
Which zone timeout do I need to configure when Zout is enabled?
It’s still switching too quick between occupancy and cleared with 30 second timeout on zone1

Hi Shaq, in the picture I see the Any Presence status, this currently has no timeout setting, each zone independently shares its own off setting.

In the current logic, the target is always excluded from the zone if it enters zout1.

We’ll do some more testing, but the logic in the picture looks reasonable and Any Presence has no timeout.
(Maybe we should give Any Presence a timeout?)

Is there example for the timeout config?
I could try it with Any Presence entity

This gave birth to a great idea that I will try to add to the work in athua!
Once it’s done, you’ll be able to test it.