Holman WiFi Tap timers intergration?

On the WX1, how long does the battery last? I assume if it really is wifi, it would go through them quickly.

This just popped up - uses a wifi hub and communicates with the water controller via 433mhz, which maybe opens to the way to use a Sonoff hub with Tasmota etc.

If you could capture the 433mhz commands you could use HA, but RF could mean it can’t report its state.

@Steve61 i think that is the same product. The only difference might be the plug and that the Holman product is on 912MHz I believe. Another gateway device might be possible, unfortunately I don’t have any on hand to play with though.

The gateway is WiFi to Zigbee I think (not that there is any documentation to say so). But being on Zigbee will be much lower power draw. So far two weeks in and it’s still reporting full charge, so I guess we’ll wait and see.

That 912/915mhz is a pain - there don’t appear to be any separate hubs that handle that. My Zemismart blinds operate on 915.

The Banggood being 433mhz opens possibilities.

Hmm wifi to Zigbee … ? I wonder if there is the possibility of connecting it to a Conbee or something similar, and running it through ZHA?

Also, can anyone comment on the quality of the WX1? Reviews of the Orbit BHyve are awful (loud water hammering etc). Thoughts?

Also, i noticed that they say you can only attach one moisture sensor per wifi hub. ANyone know if this is true, or found a way to attach more?

EDIT: So, have just tried adding the wifi hub to Local Tuya, and am getting an authentication error. None of my other devices give me that error, so pretty sure it in unsupported at this stage. Also tried tuya and tuya V2, no luck

I haven’t had any trouble with noise or water hammer from the WX1… it seems sturdy enough and doesn’t take up much space. In my setup I just have it running a dripper line, so it might be specific to someone’s setup.

Ok great. Have you had any luck with (local)Tuya/home assistant?

Edit: So just for fun I linked my Tuya account with Google home, and the WX1 itself is discovered and usable as on/off. So I don’t see any reason why it can’t make it into the Tuya integration …

Support for gateways is not yet implemented in localtuya, however the issue and PR i highlighted above seems to indicate there is a plan to implement support…

Despite having no gateway support in anything local, trouble seems elsewhere. I tested what I found using tuya-cli which works via gateway.
Now, the only way I found to flick it is to set 108 to false and that opens valve for time set in 107. Same as “manual watering”. I haven’t found any switch being simply on/off.
If it passes somehow over, the only thing HA would be able to do is to set countdown time and fire it to open and count down.

Also have a WXHUB and WX1 so thought I’d jump on this thread. Similar experience to others so far.

Connected to the tuya smart app (in the tuya smart app, I used add manually > others > Others (wifi) and connected via AP mode). Once connected it invited me to connect up the tap device.

When setting up the tuya integration, the three devices are detected but labeled unsupported.

Research continues.

I am thinking about adding support to localtuya or exposing it as REST and using REST sensor. It does lots of reading but the only thing to do is actually start manual timer. That is twisted too as this timer shrinks. Say, you set 20m, flick it and it will count down 20 minutes to stop but then it will remain set to 0. To use it a sequence is required - set countdown figure and flick on. Clever itself but not perfect sense for integration.
Works with Google as is but again it does countdown timer and there is no way in google to set timer so rather useless.

{ dps:
   { '101': 0,    // air temperature
     '102': 0,    // soil moisture
     '103': 4,    // amount of water used last time
     '105': '2',
     '106': '1',   // 1 when runs water, 0 when stopped, 3 when stoped and time/rain delay active
     '107': 4,     // minutes set for manual run, up to 60 (starts with 108)
     '108': false, // starts manual countdown when false
     '113': '48',  // delay to skip
     '114': '24',  // don't know
     '115': false, // presence of soil sensor
     '116': false, // presence of rain sensor? (guess)
     '117': true,  // presence of TAP? (guess)
     '119': '1',   // 1 = litres/C 2 = Gal/F
     '120': 0,     // amount of rain? (guess)
     '125': false, // pause due to high soil moisture
     '127': 'HOL9-018-023-000-000' },
  cid: '131' }

2 Likes

I think I figured it out

3 Likes

I have a bluetooth Holman tap timer. I don’t remember the model number as I’ve had it for a few years now. I got it integrated with the SIP irrigation software, which I ran on a Raspberry Pi Zero W which I located inside the house not far from the tap.

The code could probably be adapted to work with MQTT and hence HA pretty easily. I can provide GitHub links if anyone wants to do this. I’m probably not going to get to it myself too soon.

There is Arlec BLE gateway which can be flashed with Tasmota.

Nice @darecki, did you end up using the REST sensor? Would you mind pointing us in the right direction to set something similar up?

I used localtuya. For that it had to be able to address device behind gateway and provide number platform. There is a branch with gateway support, it is incomplete. I’ve added pretty much the same idea for “set” command and that was the only change I wrote myself. On top of that I copied another PR there which provides number and select. Once upon a time I wrote 6 speed fan for localtuya just to be told someone made the same and it was in PR already. Now I check first :stuck_out_tongue:
Then I made yaml config but it works with flow too.

I must say the way they proposed cid handling is big shortcut. I spent a while making room for better handling but as it works, I left it for now.
What I don’t know is what if:

• I add more than one device behind gateway. As it will incorporate an IP multiple times it may not work with rest of that code
  • They mentioned it was tested and cid encapsulated in every status fetch is ignored on devices without it. Well, I didn’t test myself and certainly no-one tested set having cid encapsulated for normal device. This could be breaking change.

I believe I need to find some Tuya and try, sadly I recently flashed nearly everything with tasmota.
Thinking how to make it combined on github. I have fork with my fan but now need to add code from branch and a PR. A bit twisted for my git skills if I want to make it nice. .

Tested it. Added Holman socket as second device in gateway and that works. Found fan which I didn’t flash and that also worked so maybe cid is commonly ignored.

1 Like

Give it a test: GitHub - darek-margas/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices

2 Likes

Would you mind sharing your (trimmed) configuration yaml for the entity?