HOLODECK project - Projection Based Kitchen Assistant

Thanks!

The mount is linked under “HARDWARE” with a video of the projector installed and link to store.

…and yet the same specs as claim ‘optical resolution 1920x1080dpi’. I must admit I only saw that and not the much lower resolution of 854x480.

I see no point in accessing 4k video and playing at wvga resolution, or even 1080p.

This is of course irrelevant to @smowk’s excellent project, but I was just surprised when I read all the details of the projector.

I’m not sure where you saw 1920x1080, probably on one of the other projectors I used, possibly the DLP X2, which has 1080 decoding, the projecting resolution is the same.

Here is the resolution of the projection according to Resolution Checker Android App

Accessing 4k video is very relevant, you may not stream it in the same resolution, but if you try to cast a 4k image to a device that can’t decode it will ignore it. I had that problem with the cheaper L1 projectors; when I tried casting a higher resolution then it was accepting it would just cast a black screen with a ‘video unavailable’ (or somethng like that) message.

With chinease products, misleading advertising is always a thing…

720p, I do watch movies/TV at that res, however 720p is not even mentioned in the advert. Bloody aliexpress.

I think we agree on that! PS sorry to disrupt your thread…

The only relevant thing from the Aliexpress advert is that it uses a DLP optical engine. I know first hand how good those are and it’s the reason I went with this type of projectors.

Getting somethng like this from China, is half the price of a ASUS ZenBeam and it has a few extra features.

sorry to disrupt your thread…

no disruptions…thank you for your interest. I appreciate it

I don’t want to sidetrack this thread too much either. Here is the projector I saw:
AU $236.99 49%OFF | 4K Projector Mini Wifi Android Projector Full HD 1080P Bluetooth LED Video Cinema For Home beamer PR47004

It’s basically the same product from 2 different manufactures. This is the manufacturer’s product page (for the projector you posted) with no 1080p mentioned - that was probably added by the seller.

The chip is exactly the same on every DLP portable projector from Aliexpress- DLP2010 - amazing optical engine, but not native 1080p

Hey, any update on this project?

What do you mean? I think it is already fully realised.

Enhancements maybe, have you implemented this?

Another cool option would be to integrate an AirBar and have touch control at the cabinet. :exploding_head:

Hi there,

I am trying to do something extremely similar - setting up my P09-II smart projector (same as the final one you landed on) to be controlled from within Home Assistant.

I have the usb A to usb A cable but it isnt coming up on adb when I use the “adb devices” command, am not getting any “new device” noise on win 11 when I plug it in, and there is no refresh in Device Manager when I plug it in.

I assume its a driver issue, but I can’t find any drivers for it online. I have tried both of the ports on the device.

The only other relevant info (I think) is that there is no wifi debugging option within my developer options - I figured this is something I could over-ride once I have ADB access.

Would you be able to give me a push in the right direction?

Update!

It turns out when you turn on USB debugging it also turns on WIFI ADB. All I had to do was give it a fixed IP and add it via android TV integration and its worked off the bat! I now understand the blight of turning it on though. Godspeed to whoever reads this next - hope it helps.

2 Likes

Sorry for not seeing this in time, WIFI ADB is turned on by USB Debugging on every Chinese smart projector on the market.

I’m glad you figured it out!