Home assistant 0.109.1 and Panasonic Tv integration

Just checked I have a TC-P60GT30 and the firmware is current. I also verified when powered off via HA or remote the device loses connection and goes unavailable and is not able to be controlled till powered back on via remote. When the TV is on all the HA controls(volume, mute, power off) work without issue.

Exactly like I said, you have an old model that actually turns off and the component is working perfectly.

Can you ping the TV when it is off?

Hi, i am still having my Panasonic always ON also if it is in off mode.
Running 0.110.3
How to have a fix?
And how to add more options using the UI integration? Actually i can only set the IP and the name, so if i would like to try the WOL mode to turn_on_action, how to do this?

Hi! I am having a similar issue with my Viera P50ST60. It worked well for a year. Unfortunately it stopped working - entity became unavailable approx a month ago. It used to be present every time, it was on standby or not. Now it is not. I can remotely manage the tv from the app, and tv is visible in my local network.

1 Like

The new version of the integration was implemented in [0.109], so you should download the [last working version 0.108.9].

Extract the zip file and copy the 0.108.9 panasonic_viera component to the custom components folder in your setup. So all files from core-0.108.9\homeassistant\components\panasonic_viera should end up in config\custom_components\panasonic_viera .
To add a TV to your installation, add the following to your configuration.yaml file:

media_player:

• platform: panasonic_viera
    host: 192.168.x.x
    app_power: true

Of course, delete the entry for official integration and reboot Home Assistant.
It works for me

is there any news on the fix?

Any news on this? Anyone worked around it.
With the latest integration, if i reload the integration when the TV is on then I can turn it off and it goes to unavailable. If I reload the integration while the TV is off then i can turn it on and then it goes to unavailable.

I’ve tried to re-load the integration as a custom component as Andrzej_Rypien posy but it just errors.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:138
Setup failed for panasonic_viera: No setup function defined.

Fixed using the old version, should have paid better attention to the config file.

Had ‘panasonic_viera:’
Needed

'media_player:
  - platform: panasonic_viera'

Any update on input selection?

Hi all, sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask this - my viera appears to report “on” all the time, therefore no automation work as HA thinks it is always on. I can turn it off manually and back on with HA, but never reports as off.

The work has been done. It just has to be merged. Been waiting for this for a while myself.

1 Like

Where can this be found? I setup my Panasonic Viera TV through Integrations, but I don’t see any more options than:

no-remote

It has not been released yet. If you want to try it out it is in the current beta version.

1 Like

Hello, I checked the beta versions on my TV TX-58EX703E and there is still a problem with status reporting and the remote probably does not work. I’m going back to the old version

has anybody else got this working. I too have the same problem on a TX-58EX700B. Does the old version work still?

Hello,
Does anyone been able to use TTS. I got my TV as a media player, but tts will not work.
Either by nabu casa:
imagem

Or by the integration.

Is this on my model (VT60 plasma) or just not working at all?

No there is no TTS on my Viera ST50 series TV. I get this error when I try:

Logger: homeassistant.components.panasonic_viera.media_player
Source: components/panasonic_viera/media_player.py:191
Integration: Panasonic Viera (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 22:00:25 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:00:46

Unsupported media_type: music
1 Like

Yes, I get the same error:

Unsupported media_type: music

But, on my tv specs I assumed it would support TTS. But it seems its only to guide between the menus, right?

" Voice Guidance

SMART VIERA Voice Guidance uses text to speech functions to verbalize text contents on TV. It works well for verbally reading out program information, SNS messages and web page contents."

My TV definitely does not have that. It’s a much older plasma.

You could try opening an issue on github if you think it should be supported on yours.