Home assistant 0.109.1 and Panasonic Tv integration

i am using new integration for panasonic tv, my tv is a viera 55ex600 series. Everything works fine, but when I turn on the TV via the remote control, the status in Home assistant version 0.109.1 is not updated. I tried to change the settings in the tv menu but to no avail. With the old method, the status was detected correctly. Any suggestions?
@anon42250454

I have a similar issue on 0.109.* where if I turn on the TV from the remote it updates in home assistant to “On” but when I turn the TV off it becomes unavailable. I also noticed I needed the TV to be “On” in order to add the integration. Reverting back to 0.108.9 fixed for now.

for this problem you have to go to the tv menu / network / remote tv settings and set the power on via apps to on. But then you will find yourself in my same situation !!!

Open an issue.

Hey guys! I’m already working on a fix to this problem. Sorry for this, it was a sacrifice that had to be done so then simpler TVs, that don’t stay connected while turned off, could be integrated. In the next patch I will be using local pushing so the TV’s state is more accurate.

4 Likes

Any ideas, when be fixed?

since the panasonic viera via android and ios app can be completely controlled, change channel, source etc etc do you think to integrate these functions too?

I’m not sure about input selecting, as I couldn’t figure out how to get the input data. My TV seems to give updates only on app changes.

I’m working on it, and will soon make a pull request. I’m updating everyone here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/34894

2 Likes

Not used the integration before yesterday so not sure how it normally works but I have a ZT60 which is the same gen as others that are claimed to work with the component in the github and am suffering from the always on status like others. However the volume status is also always ‘0’ despite being able to change it via HA using several methods, a bit hit and miss when it works though I must admit. Is this part of the same problem?

I have a similar problem. Since the Panasonic integration started discovering devices automatically, my Viera TV is always shown as ‘on’, which breaks a couple of automations for me. I would expect that it is shown as ‘off’ as soon as it’s unreachable via ping. Is this going to be fixed as well?

Update to 0.110, working perfectly now :+1:

2 Likes

Any update on this? I am a little confused why it worked fine before on my TV, yet an update, “breaks” instead of fixes? I have tried to use the Hotel Mode as well and the TV only shows “on” or “unavailable” not the end of the world as I was able to create a sensor to recognize the TV as on and if not consider “off” to resolve my automation issue but unfortunately controlling the unit via home assistant has become frustrating and partially useless

I created a sensor to fix my automations for now…

- platform: template
  sensors:
    livingroom_tv_status:
      friendly_name: Livingroom TV Status
      value_template: >-
        {% if is_state("media_player.livingroom_tv", "on") %}
        on
        {% else %}
        off
        {% endif %}

It’s fixed in v0.110

I have tried 0.110.0 and 0.110.3 and tried with both hotel mode on and off and when the TV is “off” it is listed as unavailable. When the TV is “on” it shows “on”.Capture

Works for me. I’m using an older TH-P60ST50A model though. What are you using, and when was the last time you updated its firmware?

Is there a way to mute/unmute the TV in automations or scripts?

Can only assume you picked up the hotel mode bit from the issue on github but as stated on there it has absolutely nothing to do with this.

You have also actually stated the component is working perfectly for you, you obviously have an older TV like mine which does actually turn off rather than just goes to sleep and keeps its network connection live so it will obviously say it is ‘unavailable’ because that’s what it is, not available to report a status of ‘off’. This isn’t the case with newer TVs that you have to pull the plug to actually turn them off as they still have network services that they can use to post a status of ‘off’.

Yes, check out the media.player component which is what you use to send any commands to the TV…