Home Assistant 24.10.0 issues with beta package versions

I am currently maintaining a custom integration for Home Assistant, which depends on an external package (which I also maintain). The problem is that external package has a dependency on a pre-release version of a package (python-betterproto==2.0.0b6, which has been in beta versions for well over a year now), and is required for communication in a reasonable manner with a number of devices.

The issue is, when trying to update the integration, or even do a fresh install, the install fails, with the error being because the dependencies are unable to be resolved. The issue, digging into it, is actually to do with the pre-release version, which it seems needs a flag to be added to the install command (I assume using UV), --prerelease=allow.

How can I either have my integration set this flag, or allow it to be installed? If not possible, can it be assumed that this is a bug with Home Assistant, as this hasn’t been the case with any previous versions?

Reference issue on GitHub - Miner 1.1.15/1.1.16.rc1 setup failed after HA Core update · Issue #393 · Schnitzel/hass-miner · GitHub

2 Likes