Home Assistant addon : FileBrowser

That was fast :slight_smile:
Works perfect now. Thank you very much!

1 Like

New version : Ingress added :slight_smile:

The add-on’s you’re adding are outta control.
Amazing job!
I’ve used xTeve before, very cool, maybe one day I’ll try it again now.
Since you seem to be very good at making add-ons, could I request HOOBS and or Homebridge?
There are things that can be done with them for Homekit that HA is kinda behind the ball on and if you dare mention that here you’re beheaded lol.
I’ve experimented with adding them through portainer in the past but it’s a pain to maintain and an add-on would be captured by backups.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the feedback! Currently I don’t have time to work on new addons, but perhaps in the future. Have a nice day

1 Like

@alexbelgium amazing add-on! Is it possible to “favorite” a folder, so that you woul dhave that folder as a shortcut?

1 Like

Thanks! Well I don’t believe it’s possible according to the filebrowser documentation…

Best I could do is to modify the root folder you see when opening the filebrowser app… Would that help you? For example, to see only the mount folder when starting the app (but then you wouldn’t be able to see the folders below)

1 Like

It’s fine, no need to do anything :slight_smile: I found another solution, but thank you for replying to quickly!

1 Like

BTW, latest version supports dark mode (within app options).
Latest addon features:

• mounting local disks both by device (sda1) or label ; and mounting nvme drives

Hello, i see you are asking for the homebridge addon. We’ve worked on that and it works like a charm, only issue we need to fix is the ingress. I have currently a thread to see what should be done to get this running. If ingress works, the HomeBridge addon is ready to install (Currently only works on access by direct link.).

1 Like

@alexbelgium thanks for the filebrowser!!! Works very well, exactly what i needed.

Btw maybe you know how to fix it, since it looks like your addon uses ingress as well.
When we add ingress to an addon it resolved the correct url, except for static js files. The browser tries to get them from the home assistant root directory while the js files are running in the container.

So lets say for example i have a addon, and with ingress it loads /api/hassio_ingress/xxxxxxxxxxxx
But the addon/container serves some static files like js, when i open the addon it doesnt show anything and in the dev console i see that the browser tries to get the static files just from / instead of /api/hassio_ingress/xxxxxxxx

1 Like

Is that here?

I’ll mark it to watching and test it out when you’re ready.

Yes, that is the one!

1 Like

Hi, saw it! Great that you have developed this addon :slight_smile: I’ll post in the other thread to see if I can help. There could be a solution if js files are not dynamically generated :slight_smile:

I’m trying to use this addon but I keep getting the following error:
“env: can’t execute ‘/entrypoint.sh’: No such file or directory”

I’m running Home Assistant in a Docker Container if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Robert

1 Like

That’s very strange, it works fine on my system. You’re using HA in docker, does it has the local build capability (this addon is not based on an image due to a bug in HA supervisor). Did it install correctly? Is that all you have in terms of log? What is your system arch? Thanks

Seeing this error, the most probable issue is within the local HA build script, as this file is added through the dockerfile…

Thanks!

Just saw your message. Did you find your solution? I encountered that on some addons - for one the solution I found was to use sed to create relative instead of absolute links, for the other I managed through it by setting the “root” directive in nginx, for the third one it seems a solution is to redirect specifically those files through the nginx.conf. Honestly, it’s always complex :slight_smile:

Where exactly is the .yaml file to edit this, I can’t find it anywhere ?

I would like to mount a samba drive, and when I open the Settings > Share Management I get a “It feels lonely here” - empt message.

Hi, those are the addon options that you can find in the “configuration” tab of the addon.

To mount a samba disk, just fill the networksdisk, cifspassword and cifsusername tabs. If you can’t see them in the config, you need to click on something like “show unused configuration options”.

In the addon log everything will be described : if the mount was correctly done, and where it is put. It can then be accessed by browsing to /mnt/SHARENAME. Due to the way docker works, this mount is only accessible from within the addon.

Let me know if you have any issues!

@alexbelgium - thanks so much, I did not think to look in the addon config for that setting, and it works perfectly, just as you said.

And thanks so much for developing this, it’s a very nice enhancement and the ability to mount samba shares is great.

1 Like

Hmm, my filebrowser has stopped displaying my files / folders.

I have rebooted and restarted the addon several times, there are no errors in the logs, but nothing is displayed .

I have clicked “My Files” and “Home” but nothing shown.

There are errors in the console, see attached screen shot.

Looks like it is related to timezone / moment.js.

FYI, my homeassistant host is in the UK and I am in SE Asia, it was displaying OK before but it looks to be a problem with timezone calcs.