Home Assistant addon : FileBrowser

OK, solved :slight_smile:

I was using a chrome plugin to change the timezone so that my Energy Meter etc displayed it’s data in the Home Time (GMT) instead of my local time.

I uninstalled the plugin and everything is back to normal.

Sorrie for the false alarm.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the feedback!

Is it possible to set the default file directory that opens on opening the File Browser?

Hi, you can use the base_folder option to do that. Thanks for using the addon

1 Like

Great thanks!

1 Like

Would be nice if after setting the base_folder, that became the default directory that was opened but that you could still navigate back higher up the tree if you wanted to.

1 Like

Hi I only make the addon, if it was implemented in the app itself I would do it! GitHub - filebrowser/filebrowser: 📂 Web File Browser

Hello! How can i use FileBrowser to access the disk files, outside the HASS container?
Just like addons/configurator at master · home-assistant/addons · GitHub does

I’m using Home Assistant Supervisor on a RPI 4B running Manjaro ARM

2 Likes

Hi, HA only allows access to a very limited number of files, stored in /media, /ssl, /share, /config. This addon can access those, like the one you linked to. Another way to access files is to mount a USB drive through the localdisk option

1 Like

hi Alex how can i change the root folder directory ? that would be awesome!

Hi,

Use this optional addon option

base_folder: root folder # optional, default is /

Hey alexbelgium,
I read thru some for this add on. I have a NAS (QNAP) as well and I have a crazy amount of recipes in pdf format.
Is there a way to create a folder(s) card that I could click on to say see chicken or pork or Mexican recipes and then see the relevant pdf’s that are in folders anyway? also be able to search for something as well?
I’ve been wanting to figure out a way to add a recipe database which I can access from HA. I know there’s Grocy (way to much setup), I just wanted some kind of simple recipe UI to browse through and view or print out a recipe.
I’ve had HA for years and have been waiting for a simple ui to access recipes from HA.
Thanks for the feedback!

Hi, perhaps different tools could help you… Nextcloud which has indexing and search capabilities within files? Tandoor recipes with external pdf Storages and Sync - Tandoor Recipes ? I’m not sure if filebrowser would be the best tool for that

ok thanks for the help and info

1 Like

Installed and even rebuilt, but can’t get it to start with default config. What have I done wrong?

Hi, I can replicate the handshake issue but actually for me the app still starts fine?

Hi Alex, thank you for the addon.
I’m struggling to mount my local usb disk, i tried both sda and sda1 but always end with error: invalid argument. What’s wrong with my config?
Immagine 2022-12-24 125526
Immagine 2022-12-24 125549
Immagine 2022-12-24 125642

Hi, you should have sda1 as localdisks and not sda (you need to refer the partition and not the drive). Also, it only allows to mount fat32, ext3 and ext4 drives, other systems are most likely not supported

Is there a way to get access to the webui from outside my home network? I have home assistant set up through duckdns so I can get to my system from outside then can get to the file browser but would like to be able to go directly to the file browser webui login without going through home assistant.

Hi, you need to make sure there is a port configured in the bottom part of the addons options, then map it through your router to expose it on Internet. It will then allow you to access your files from anywhere, but beware of the security aspects