Home Assistant addon : FileBrowser

Thank you! I have it working now. I figured there was something stupid I was missing. I had the router set but didn’t add the port in the add on.

1 Like

I am struggling with the basics - I don’t know how to do Step 1 “Add my Hass.io add-ons repository to your home assistant instance”.

I have downloaded your repository, I just don’t know what to do with it. In the past, I have successfully added the rpi_gpio add-on by putting the rpigpio folder (from github) under /config/custom_components.

1. do I just put the filebrowser folder under custom_components ?
  2. or do I have to add you whole repository ? and if so, where ?

thanks

Hi, here is an automatic addition system:

Add repository on my Home Assistant

If you want to do add the repository manually, please follow the procedure highlighted in the Home Assistant website. Use the following URL to add this repository: GitHub - alexbelgium/hassio-addons: My homeassistant addons

Thank you, I used your automatic addition system. I now realise this adds the repository into the add-on store - but DOES NOT install them all One question answered).

However, I have installed the File Broswer add-on, told it to add it to the sidebar and told it to start (accepting the default configuration). The Log says it all went perfectly, it is started and listening on [::]:8080. However, selecting Filebrowser in the siderbar says the “add-on isn’t running, please start it first”.

I restarted Home Assistant - same issue. I uninstalled and re-installed Filebrowser - same issue.

In the add-on store, START is still offered as an option, but nothing seems to happen when it is selected.

This is what the Log says:

Starting…
/etc/cont-init.d/00-banner.sh: executing

Add-on: Filebrowser
filebrowser provides a file managing interface within a specified directory and it can be used to upload, delete, preview, rename and edit your files

Add-on version: 2.23.0-5
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 9.5 (aarch64 / raspberrypi4-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2022.12.7
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2023.01.1

Please, share the above information when looking for help
or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums
GitHub - alexbelgium/hassio-addons: My homeassistant addons

/etc/cont-init.d/01-custom_script.sh: executing
[10:08:33] INFO: Execute /config/addons_autoscripts/filebrowser.sh if existing
[10:08:33] INFO: … no script found
/etc/cont-init.d/20-folders.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/92-local_mounts.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/92-smb_mounts.sh: executing
/etc/cont-init.d/99-run.sh: executing
[10:08:35] WARNING: Auth method change, database reset
[10:08:35] INFO: NoAuth option selected
[10:08:36] INFO: Starting…
2023/02/27 10:08:36 No config file used
2023/02/27 10:08:36 Listening on [::]:8080
[10:08:37] INFO: Started !

I’m having an issue where I can’t move folders or files between some root folders. Example, I can’t move files from home > share > plex to home > media.

I get a 500 error, and nothing helpful shows up in a network trace. I checked and my user has administrator privileges within the app settings. I currently connect on http, if that matters.

Hi.
Hope it’s OK posting in this thread, since i’m sent here from the Immich add-on.

I cannot start the immich add-on after having installed it.
I’m getting these errors:
Request #1681667111943: Request to Node 0 failed due to “ECONNREFUSED connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:8108”
Request #1681667111943: Sleeping for 4s and then retrying request…

And then it keeps going in a loop.
Trying to set it up with an external database also gives me this error…

Hi, sorry for delayed response it should be corrected now

Hi, firstly thanks for the awesome addons.

Is there any way to get Immich addon to point to an attached usb HDD? I have searched but not found a solution.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, here is a guide on my repo : Add ons feature : mounting drives · alexbelgium/hassio-addons Wiki (github.com)

Thanks for that info. I have tried to follow the guide but I am stuck. I have an external HDD formatted to EXT4. I have added it to the localdisk as Localdisk:sdb1 on the yaml file. What else do I need to do to make it the main storage for Immich? I have had a play with the /share/immich folder but I am unsure where to go next.

Thank you in advance,

Edit: figured this out, thank you!

Hi, the log describes that it will be mounted at a specific place. For example, if you use the physical partition sdb1 name, it will be mounted to /mnt/sdb1. Then, in immich, you need to configure your data folder as /mnt/sdb1

Just read that you had figured it out :slight_smile: Glad it worked!

1 Like

Hi. thanks for the add-on.
Where can I find the dark mode option? I’ve got the companion app set to dark theme but the file browser is displayed in light mode.
Thanks.

Hi, it’s in Settings > Global settings > Branding. Settings can be accessed by clicking the “hamburger” on top left in the app. You need to close and reopen filebrowser for the theme to update

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for a great addon @alexbelgium! With the recent changes to HA, I’ve now mapped my network drive to my media folder directly via HA through System → Storage → Add network storage. FileBrowser correctly displays the folder, but it’s extremely slow to load its contents (~20 secs for 480 items, security cam short videos). The HA built-in media browser, the File Editor addon, and my computer via the SAMBA NAS addon, all load the folder contents in 1-3 secs. Any way to fix that? Once the contents are loaded FileBrowser plays them correctly, which is great. Btw, the reason I’d love to resolve this, is because the built-in media browser does not have the ability to change the folder view to list, nor does it allow sorting by date, both of which FileBrowser does. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please try creating a file /config/addons_autoscript/filebrowser.sh with the content below and restart the add-on

#!/bin/bash

sed -i "s|/./filebrowser \$CERTFILE|/./filebrowser -d .\filebrowser.db --disable-preview-resize --disable-type-detection-by-header --cache-dir=\".\cache\" \$CERTFILE|g" /etc/cont-init.d/99-run.sh
2 Likes

Amazing @alexbelgium! Loads super fast now. Thanks for the prompt response. For my own learning, I see the script disables previewing the file, would you mind teaching me quickly what the other parts of the script do? I have a background in programming, but not much scripting so always looking for any opportunity to learn. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi, I actually don’t know I just got this code from the filebrowser github Performance and sharing files from folders containing large numbers of files (~4000) · Issue #1689 · filebrowser/filebrowser · GitHub :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve modified my code above to make it more resilient - that way if I implement this faster code by default in the add-on it will still work

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Appreciate all the hard work!

1 Like