Home Assistant addon : qbittorrent (supports openvpn & smb mounts)

Yup, great thanks! It seems curl fails to download the ingress ui. Mmh… Weird issue…

Is it possible to go back to the last known good version while we wait for a fix, without having to dig up last week’s backup?

Meanwhile, anything else you need tested?

Edit: Also, if curl is failing, can it be the target is offline? Because that will FOR SURE cause curl to fail :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2: WELL THEN… Apparently, stuff started working again, out of the blue… It might have actually been the curl target temporarily not working… O_o

1 Like

Mmh… Weird. Well that’s a good thing then. Perhaps github has some issues for the moment which caused those curl failures…

I’ll keep debug mode enabled for the time being, in case anything else goes awry.

If nothing happens in the meanwhile, I’ll disable the option sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for looking into the issue so quickly!

1 Like

v5 works just fine for me, with old UI. Thank you!
nginx issue seems to be not a permanent one, but probably depend on some weird conditions. Now it just works fine.

1 Like

I’ve fixed the openvpn issue by adding a few lines to my .ovpn config:

# don't route lan through vpn
route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 net_gateway

# deactivate ipv6
pull-filter ignore "dhcp-option DNS6"
pull-filter ignore "tun-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. So it’s not considered an issue anymore? I’ve added your code to the Readme for other people to be aware

If not then all issues on 4.4.1 seem to be closed

2 Likes

No, it’s not an issue anymore - thanks for your help and this awesome addon library!

1 Like

Hi. I have:

SavePath: /mnt/TOSHIBA    #TOSHIBA is the name/label of the partition
localdisks: sda1

but in the logs I get

[cont-init.d] 92-local_mounts.sh: executing... 
Local Disks mounting...
mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 failed: Invalid argument
[19:19:44] FATAL: Unable to mount local drives! Please check the name.
[cont-init.d] 92-local_mounts.sh: exited 0.

From Hardware section:

DEVNAME: /dev/sda1
DEVPATH: >-
  /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda/sda1
DEVTYPE: partition
[...]
ID_FS_LABEL: TOSHIBA
ID_FS_LABEL_ENC: TOSHIBA
ID_FS_TYPE: exfat

I want to save the downloads to the mounted USB drive. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you! Looking forward to using this along with Sonarr and Plex. Step by step…

Edit to add:
I plugged a different, simple drive. With your PLEX NAS add-on, this works:

localdisks: sdb1
Local Disks mounting...
[20:10:20] INFO: Success! sdb1 mounted to /mnt/sdb1

And Plex finds the sample file I copied.

But if I go back to qBitTorrent, turns our I have to Stop the plugin, and funnily enough, the only way that it worked was with the label (not the partition) as localdisks:

SavePath: /SDA1/Plex/TV Shows
localdisks: SDA1
Local Disks mounting...
[20:20:41] INFO: Success! SDA1 mounted to /mnt/SDA1

Maybe because sdb1 is already mounted? If so, what’s the proper way to do it then?
In any case, I’m still doing something wrong with qbittorrent because I don’t know where the download goes, even if the Configuration, Settings and File Info say it’s in /SDA1/Plex/TV Shows (can’t find that folder/file) - plus the “remaining space” shows the HA OS internal drive remaining space.

2nd edit. Finally, for now:
Following your comment, I needed to use the right savepath based on the log:

SavePath: /mnt/SDA1  # not just /SDA1

although Plex later uses /mnt/sdb1, but that’s easy to see as you one can navigate the folders in Plex.

Hopefully my post helps another noob in the future.

Now, onto Sonarr. Thank you, I’m amazed by your plugins!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the feedback and the great self-troubleshooting! I’m trying to add in the readme some examples of issues and solutions I’ll add yours. Thanks again!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Although they were my (learning) process, I think my post might be a bit confusing, taking into account that:

1. I jumped between sda1 and sdb1, since every time a drive was plugged/unplugged, it switched between those 2.
  2. I labeled a partition SDA1 for testing, which might be confused with the partition name.
  3. I was using a drive (the Toshiba) that was unmounting a few seconds into downloads (maybe lack of power) so it was a mess. With a self powered 3.5" it’s now working fine, all using the same localdisks reference (label, not partition. Strange?)

Here’s my final setup with all your plugins:
Supervisor Hardware (info):

DEVNAME: /dev/sdb2
ID_FS_LABEL: CIEN

Sonarr:

localdisks: CIEN

Transmission NAS:

download_dir: /mnt/CIEN/downloads

Plex NAS:

Filebrowser:

Honestly, I have no idea why I needed different info (partition or labels) at different times/addons :sweat_smile: and using labels seems to work around the sda1/sdb1/sdb2 changes by Home Assistant if the drive is unmounted/unplugged.

Additional learnings (are they true?):

• Strongly recommend to stop the addon, then make changes to the Configuration and start it again. Otherwise, many times it wasn’t saving the config at restart and caused issues.
  • If the drive is unplugged and re-plugged, you’ll need to restart all those addons to actually have it mounted again. Restaring just one isn’t enough, it doesn’t “mount it for all” and the rest see the drive contents right away. I set a script to restart the 4 if needed

Some questions if I may!?:

1. One of those addons (can’t remember which one) said in the logs “exfat: unknown file system” with an exfat partition, so I formatted it to FAT32 but I’m afraid long term (limit filesize 4GB). Are you aware of this limitation?
  2. Is it a bad idea to have the 4 addons mounting the same drive every time? Should I look into mounting the drive at a system level? But then they all need ‘localdisks’ so I guess they’d be mounting it again?

Sorry for the basic questions, I’m not exactly an expert in linux drives management…
And thank you again for your add-ons!!

1 Like

Off-topic but still related; For the Transmission addon, I keep getting this:

Mounting smb share(s)...
[09:19:46] FATAL: The structure of your "networkdisks" option : "//ADDRESS/SHARE" doesn't seem correct, please use a structure like //123.12.12.12/sharedfolder,//123.12.12.12/sharedfolder2.
If you don't use it, you can simply remove the text, this will avoid this error message in the future.

The fields for networkdisks, cfisusername, cfispassword and localdisks gets autogenerated if i leave them empty.

Anyone got this to work with Mullvad VPN? Adding torrents is extremely slow (minutes to even just appear in the UI), and then they all just “Fail” immediately. Here’s the log. Works fine without VPN. I haven’t tried any other VPNs yet. Any tips?

Thanks for the very detailed summary!

Thanks, I’ve removed the default fields in the latest version

Thanks for the report, I’ve got no idea as I don’t use vpn… When I did some tests I used some free openvpn profiles that can be found on internet. Any error messages in the log?

HI Alex, the log is here. Thanks for looking into it. This is already WITH the " ipv6 issues with openvpn (@happycoo)" instructions from your site.

QB is obviously doing something (I see download speed rise and fall), but there´s nothing in the queue and also nothing gets downloaded into the set Downloads folder. It all works as expected with VPN off.

EDIT: I see all QB prefs are reset when using VPN, is that expected? Turning off VPN brings my old prefs back again.
EDIT2: eventually it started working… why is it always like this? :slight_smile: :man_shrugging:
EDIT3: it´s all very intermittent, sometimes it connects right away, sometimes not at all, sometimes I see the torrents being downloaded, sometimes not (localhost and my LAN is whitelisted).

“EDIT2: eventually it started working… why is it always like this?” :smiley: ah ah it’ps Murphy’s law :wink: glad it worked.

There is no reason that your prefs don’t stick though. Which values don’t stick for example?

All prefs seemed to be reset. It looks like it´s all right there but SO slow it takes literally minutes to even show the correct settings…

it´s all very intermittent, sometimes it connects right away, sometimes not at all, sometimes I see the torrents being downloaded, sometimes not (localhost and my LAN is whitelisted). Its super weird.

It looks to me Pi4 cannot deal with the VPN, the QB addon has CPU usage of 10% (with VPN off it barely registers), leading to this weirdness.