Home Assistant addon : qbittorrent (supports openvpn & smb mounts)

Hello, what is going with config folder 4.4.5-r3-ls229-3 ?
Update was not smoothly, after that i’ve try to reinstall it and clear addons_config from q[bB]ittorrent folders. But it still work improperly.

1. on installation the qbittorrent folder is created
  2. on startup the qBittorrent folder is created.
  3. All config changes made in qb ui are store in qBittorrent (creating category for example)
  4. After addon restart the qBittorrent is recreated - previously created category is missed
1 Like

Thanks, @alexbelgium, I just did the update… and I was able to enter like before.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve reverted the changes

1 Like

Hi, the latest version doesn’t start at all, giving me this:

cont-init: warning: some scripts exited nonzero
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service legacy-cont-init: command exited 1
/run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.init: warning: s6-rc failed to properly bring all the services up! Check your logs (in /run/uncaught-logs/current if you have in-container logging) for more information.
prog: fatal: stopping the container.

Here’s the entire log.
It worked fine probably until the last update. This is my config:

DNS_server: 8.8.8.8,1.1.1.1
PGID: "0"
PUID: "0"
SavePath: /mnt/Public/Downloads
Username: stooovie
certfile: fullchain.pem
customUI: vuetorrent
keyfile: privkey.pem
ssl: false
whitelist: localhost,127.0.0.1,172.30.0.0/16,192.168.0.0/16
cifsusername: xxxxx
cifspassword: xxxxx
networkdisks: //192.168.0.216/Public
openvpn_enabled: true
openvpn_config: mullvad_cz_prg.ovpn
openvpn_username: "somenumber"
openvpn_password: m

Solved according to github discussion, thanks

1 Like

I am back with another problem. search won’t work if i enable openvpn alternate mode. but if i disable alternate mode i get very low speeds… what am i doing wrong or is it a real bug? it started yesterday.

Have you tried restoring a backup? Checking if it works then updating to latest version?

Hi,

Noob question-- when i try to add torrents via web link, nothing happens. clicking on the URL on my phone downloads the torrent file( on my phone). Even when i try to upload the torrent file from my phone, nothing happens. All of this has started to happen recently.

Please help

Thank you

Hi,

thank you for this incredible work!
I set it all up and I’m able to download torrents, the thing is that I can’t edit any settings.
I.e. I change the default folder for downloads in configuration, I then restart the addon and the setting has not changed. I’ve tried both from the addon configuration page and from the settings page in the web interface.
Is this a known bug?
I don’t know if it’s related but I also can’t add a torrent from the search engine provided.

Hi, thanks for the feedback! it is still the case? The downloads folder can only be changed from the addons config, it erases the one configured through webui at start

Hi,

now it’s working as expected.
I’m also able to add torrents from the inside search function, although it’s not a 100% accurate (I often have to click multiple times on “Add torrent” to actually find it in the download section).
Thank you very much!

Kind regards
Andrea

1 Like

Hi @alexbelgium ,

Thank you for the great add-on.

I can’t figure out 2 things although made some research about it.

1- Whenever I try to add some custom config it’s getting deleted and default files comes back when I restart the addon.

I use File Editor add-on to add custom config to either one of these files:

“/config/addons_config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf” or
“/config/addons_config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf”

I’m adding something like this:

[Other]
networkdisks: "//192.168.178.1/fritz.nas
cifsusername: "myuser"
cifspassword: "mypass"
cifsdomain: "WORKGROUP"

2- I could mount my Samba directory to /media/NAS folder and I can see the content from Homeassitant terminal:

But when I go in to qbittorent container and check the same folder there, I see different content and it’s the same as I see from “Media” section of Home Assistant. So I think I’m missing something during the mounting process?

I use this command on Homeassistant terminal:

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=myuser,password=mypass //192.168.178.1/fritz.nas /mnt/NAS

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi, couple ideas :

• qBittorrent.conf can only be modified with the Addon stopped or it is not taken into account
  • the 4 options you want to add shouldn’t be put in qBittorrent.conf, but in the Addon config as it is linked to my scripts and not the app’s
  • are your permissions correct? It might explain why you see different files in the same folder. Or else it could be because your media folder is not correctly mounted in the addon

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I was trying to add samba and other config directly with FileEditor.

But I realized it should be added through the integration configuration page by clicking “Show unused optional configuration options”

I guess I misunderstood the “Configurations can be done through the app webUI, except for the following options” part from the Github information.

All works great now, thanks a lot!

1 Like

That’s great! Documentation is not my strong point but I don’t have a lot of time for the repo… So I’m focusing on bug solving :wink: Enjoy!

Hi!
I want the downloads to be saved directly on my local NAS. Is there a guide on how to do this?
I am a total noob when it comes to networking stuff…

Right now my NAS is accessible by any device at an URL like: //N550/raid5/…
In Qbittorrent if I enter an url like this, the torrent downloads, but I have no idea where it’s going as it is not showing up on the NAS.

I assume there is more configuration to do to make this work, but I can’t find clear information about it.

Would appreciate any help…
Thanks!!

Can someone point me to the right location to put the opvn file?

The folders I access to, via smb, are:

• addons
  • backup
  • config (where configuration.yaml sits)
  • media
  • ssl

The addon instructions refer to /config, but I am not sure if it is the same config I have access to.

I have tried creating the openvn folder in multiple locations but the addons never finds the opvn file that I have placed inside:

• config/openvpn
  • config/addons_config/openvpn
  • config/addons_config/qBittorrent/openvpn
  • addons/config/openvpn
  • share/openvpn

Any suggestion?

Hi,

You can mount your NAS with those 3 parameters :

• networkdisks : of smb servers to mount, separated by commas (//xxx.xx.xx.xx/share)
  • cifspassword : Your password to access your SMB share, same for all smb shares
  • cifsusername : Your username to access your SMB share, same for all smb shares

Your networkdisks must be with an ip, I noticed netbios are not accepted. If your path is //111.11.11.11/raid5/myshare, it will be mounted to /mnt/myshare

Therefore, you’ll need to set the option SavePath to /mnt/myshare

And it will download directly to your NAS!

Hi, the openvpn file must be located in /config/openvpn

For example : openvpn_config: myvpn.ovpn will make openvpn check for the file /config/openvpn/myvpn.ovpn

1 Like

Thanks - this is where I put them initially, but it didn’t work. Somehow doing it again and now the file is found!

1 Like