Home Assistant - AdGuard Home - UniFi VLANs

I’m encountering an issue where AdGuard only functions properly on the network/VLAN where Home Assistant is located, but not on my other VLANs, such as my main LAN. I’ve configured a static IP for Home Assistant both in UniFi and within the Home Assistant settings. Additionally, I’ve set my WAN DNS server to Home Assistant and configured individual network DNS servers to point to Home Assistant. However, AdGuard is only effective on the VLAN where Home Assistant resides, despite Home Assistant having access across all VLANs. There are firewall rules in place blocking inter-VLAN communication, but Home Assistant has been granted access across all VLANs. Any insights on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Showing only clients within the 10.0.2.1 VLAN are picking up AdGuard:

Home Assistant Static IP Setting:

AdGuard Setup Guide:

UniFi WAN DNS Settings:

UniFi LAN DNS Setting for my main LAN 10.0.0.1 (same for the 10.0.2.1 LAN)

Example of iPhone picking up the DNS but no ads are getting blocked. iPhone has an IP within the main LAN:

Did you every figure this out? I’m in the same boat.

I have the same issue. I looked up the logs on UDM Pro, but nothing gets block from the client I want to use AdGuards DNS.

well, i figured my issue out. After reading this link a figured, why not create a rule that allows traffic for port 53 (DNS) to the vlan where adguard is actually running?

After creating the rule, AdGuarded started showing requests from devices outside the VLAN it is connected to.

Segmented networks are not officially supported within HA.

HA is designed and expects a flat subnet to work as intended.

This is because every segmented network is different for IP’s and number of segments and firewalls and sharing rules and about 650495849085 other things.
This does not mean you can’t use them or that they can’t be made to work, it means that to get them working you are the support structure on your own subnet(s) and if you are asking for support, you should disclose to the volunteer helping you that this is in use as it often changes the correct answers.

Please keep this in mind when you are trying to do this kind of thing.

Hello, sorry, my English is not very good. I’m in the same situation. In my case I have a UDM Pro with 1 Proxmox server and AdGuard Home installed. I still cannot send the rest of the VLANS for AdGuard. Can somebody help me ? Thank you. (Screenshots)