Home Assistant Appears to always be 11 minutes behind?

I have had this problem for about a month now. Where home assistant delays all triggers by 10 minutes if its time based and my logs also appear with the same time delay.

For example:

I have a log that registers a button press: If I press it and view the log it would read “press” 11 minutes ago.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, if I were to schedule the lights to turn off at 9 PM it would turn them off at 9:10 PM. Which is incredibly frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, just to be clear, I verified the timezone to be correct and the port for NTP is not having any issues on my network.

I also tried to do a restore hoping this would fix the problem, but it didnt solve it.

What are you using to check these times?

Your web browser?

Check the system time your web browser is running on. When did it last do an NTP update?

Its the same on multiple devices I use. My cell phone, browser and tablet all show the same problem.

Another example if its not clear, if I were to set up a timer helper for 3 hours, and I start it, it counts down from 2:49:59 as the initial time (Ive tested this on all devices and its the same result).

Its like the internal clock is always 10 minutes behind.

And I recently updated the NTP conf file to see if it would fix it but it hasnt.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

In template section of dev tools what is the output of

{{now()}}
{{utcnow()}}

What is the output of date on the commandline?

Lemme guess, running HA in a vm?

Just as a heads up, yes it was running on a vm. I used chrony and then had it point to google ntp servers along with some additional defaults. Once that was setup and I ran the addon, it fixed it right away… Never encountered this before and this is my 4th year using home assistant. Hopefully, if anyone runs into this in the future this helps.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem. I press a switch and it instantly tells me “pressed 35 minutes ago.”
I didn’t understand how to fix it, could you help me? Thank you!

My HA shows an incorrect UTC time when I put “{{utcnow()}}” (show 35 minute late). How can I fix the wrong “internal” time in HA?

On the client machine (the one displaying the web page) is the time set correctly?

I Install the “chrony” addon and everything is working fine again!
Now {{utcnow()}} shows the current time

Thanks!!