Home Assistant as Alarm transmitter?

Hi all,

While there is an integration for Home Assistant acting as SIA receiver via the SIA Alarm Systems integration I haven’t been able to find the opposite - the ability to have Home Assistant act as alarm transmitter to external alarm monitoring center.

Obviously it would be nice to be able to send to external actors via protocos such as SIA over IP and SOS Access v4 over IP, if one is to build a custom alarm system in Home Assistant while still have the pro’s of sending alarms to a professional external 24x7x365 actors. I’m hoping there already is an integration or addon I have missed?

Thanks!

I’ve been looking for this also. I am a professional alarm installer and would like the ability to report conditions from HA and not be tied to my actual alarm panel. I would think the only way to do this would be utilizing asterisk some how to push the signals into the central station receiver. If anyone else has interest in working on this with me let me know. I have the resources and hardware readily available. I can easily spin up a central station account for testing!

This is a good starting point:

and then just start coding away!

I have messed around with this using telnet, but I realized that it was beyond me.

I’m sure it’s quite a daunting task to make a complete alarm PE (transmitter) out of HA, but I’m equally convinced it’s possible. All major components are already in place; sensors, server platform and internet connectivity.
I will do some probing to see if I can get a PoC SIA transmitter going from HA, and perhaps we can take it from there? :slight_smile:

I’ll join you, to the best of my abilities. I am however a sailor, not a programmer, with skills there after. :sweat_smile:

The polling feature of SIA would also be great, as you then could have professional uptime monitoring of your HA instance.