Home Assistant automations are running slow

So for the past month or two my hassio installation has been running automations kind of slow. For Example: When my motion detection in the bathroom turns on it turns the light on. Well it used to work instantly but now it takes anywhere from 3 to almost 30 seconds sometimes to run…
Another example of a problem that I’m having is my party mode automation. It’s supposed to turn the lights in the house off, then play a tts that announces party time, then sets the lights to change random colors and start playing music on my echo dots… Well instead it takes upwards to 10 seconds between each service call to do the actions…

The ONLY thing I can see in the errors log is that the timer gets out of sync A LOT but I haven’t found a fix for this using the HASSIO installation. Any advice??

Hi, already had a look at CPU load?

1 Like

Yeah, probably should have specified that in the description. The CPU seems to be running completely normal from what I gathered from the logs. I ended up going through ALL of my configs, automations, sensors, scripts, etc… and deleted/rewrote a lot of things that I didn’t use or wrote when I first started using HA and so far things are running a lot faster but still don’t have that “instant” feel that I used to have.

you tried rebooting? I experienced similar things on a pi. After rebooting it usually worked again, but only to come back after a couple of weeks. By now I switched to an x86 server and don’t have the issue any more.

Yeah I’ve tried rebooting. I’m thinking about switching over to a more powerful device since my list entities has grown quite big since I’ve started this whole automation adventure