Home Assistant becomes unreachable after two to three days

Hi everyone,

I’m running Home Assistant via Home Assitant OS on a RaspberryPi 4 (1 GB RAM) on a SSD attached via SATA to USB 3.0 adapter. Unfortunately the webinterface becomes unreachable after a period of two to three days. This has happened several times since installing two weeks ago. The network seems to be OK, as I can ping the device from my PC.
After rebooting it’s working again.

Additionally I have to add the information that updates don’t work well. I tried to upgrade to 2024.7.1 mayn times but it simply doesn’t run through. In the logs I can’t find anything about it.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason or how can I log this?
v2024.7.0

Check the log.1 file in the config folder after a crash.

Hard to say without a lot more information. :wink:

1GB isn’t a lot for HA, depending on what you’re additionally running on that host. Add-ons need RAM, ESPHome for example needs a lot of RAM, if you want to compile on that machine.

I can tell you, that my installation (Proxmox, HA-OS) uses 2GB as a minimum amount of RAM.

As @fleskefjes mentioned, the home-assistant.log.1 is a good point to start, but more information about your installation (what add-ons, what integrations) would be good, to see where things might go wrong. :slight_smile:

This is just for reference: (I have more on my Home Assistant server than most.)

memory