Home Assistant Cast - Not connected

Hi,
I’ve been trying to use the new cast feature, but all I get is a screen with HA logo with a heart loving Nabu Casa , saying that it’s “Not connected”
Casting the demo from cast.home-assistant.io is showing up just fine.
Tried logging out an logging in back again (using duckdns.org url) just showed me once a list with my lovelace views. Made sure that I picked one without custom cards but that didn’t show up either. (I just saw the list of views once during my +10 tries)

Running HA 0.97.2, Cast devices show up in destination.

Somebody already faced this behavior and able to point me in the right direction?

Kind Regards,

1 Like

Hi,
Anyone? Im experiencing the same problem?

BR

Try using Chrome browser if not already. I tried using Microsoft Edge Dev which is based off chromium and had issues. Works best with Chrome.

1 Like

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
I’m experiencing this in Google Hub - I go to cast.home-assistant.io and choose my Google Hub as destination. Then I get a screen showing up on the Google Hub but with the HA logo mentioned in the original post and a message saying “Not Connected”.
The casting is done from Chrome on Mac but I doubt that is causing the issue.

I might have missunderstod the original post and Im sorry if it wasnt clear that at least I are having the issue on Google Hub.

This is the first time I try HA Casting out and I havent done any perticular changes for it. Is it possible to verify in some way that its working.

BR

Same error here. When I cast from Chrome on mac to a Google Home Hub, I see the Home Assistant logo on the home hub cast device, but nothing happens afterwards. I’ve tried using cast.home-assistant.io as well as the lovelace card. I have been able to cast to my NVIDIA shield though. When casting to that device, after clicking ‘Start Casting’ I get to select the view to cast, but that doesn’t happen with the Home Hub. Chrome developer tools show no errors. Hope we can get this resolved!

1 Like

I’ve only been able to get mine to work by using the URL for the Remote UI and the cast launcher website, but you need a Nabu Casa subscription for that, I believe. I have not yet been able to get the local cast button in Lovelace to work.

Had some more luck to get the cast app to say “Connected” once I punched a hole in the firewall. Maybe its just me but I also had to press “Show” next to the cast icon to get the view to display. Seems a tad unintuitive to me, but at least it seems to be working now.

I wonder if this is related to Chromecast using the 8.8.8.8 resolver, so the Chromecast won’t connect to the hostname i have HA at unless its also permitted in the firewall. It would be nice to not have to have HA on the web for this function to work.

1 Like

Could you please explain this in detail for the Firewall?
Once cast is connected to a device, the “Show” buttons are still greyed out in my Display.

Interresting - Ive had my suspicions that the problem relates to ports but not being able to put my finger on it. Im running Haproxy in my network doing SSL termination for all external trafic. Http traffic is then geting tunneled to the RaspberryPi running my Hassbian-setup. This means that the Hassbian is not SSL enabled and when I tried the HA-casting I was directing it to my Haproxy (which as described didn not work). Not sure if forwarding any porsts would make a difference?

all I get is a screen with HA logo with a heart loving Nabu Casa , saying that it’s “Not connected”

Just wanted to say that I have the exact same issue.

In my setup I’m not using any proxy to access HA, just using port forwarding 443 to HA box.

Just wanted to let you know that I subscribed to Home Assistant Cloud Service through Nabu Casa. Without changing anything else, the Home Assistant Cast component now works as expected.