Home Assistant Cast (preview)

It’s not persistent there though and when you update HA it will disappear.

Wow. Good stuff buddy.

Is it pretty stable, like can leave a screen up for hours without it killing the cast? Could you have multiple casting? I have 4 devices Id like to cast too. I just got it setup on one, i love it. nice work.

Because of you I might not return my Google/Nest Home Hub after all. If you can implement the possibility to view the “Plant” (MiFlora) enteties on my Hub I would… well. I don’t know if a kiss from me is worth much to you… but I could send some cash for a beer or five in your direction! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Yeah but it’s by far the easiest method of installing catt rather than another pi etc and would take 2 seconds to reinstall it.

Sorry if this already have been covered or if I misunderstood the topic, but is it currently possible to cast the Lovelace UI already to a Chromecast device?

Not yet released but if you run the code before it’s released you should be able to do it. See post 4

1 Like

How can I use it, at the moment? Where do I have to place this files?

Hell yes!!!

Smart displays are finally useful! Do you think we could get it early if we pay or is it not ready? I would be willing to pay a patreon or something I have home assistant cloud. Thanks

If not maybe a automation?

Theoretically it is possible, but they likely won’t

So should we use home-assisant-cast branch from pychromecast for and cast branch from home-assistant-polymer?

1 Like

I’m ready!

1 Like

This is great It works perfectly on my nest Hub, anyone knows an automation to keep always casting? i Tried tô watch YouTube Just to teste and when returned It stopped casting home assistente.

Did this stopped working for everyone?

1 Like

I can’t get this to work at all. And strangely nobody has mentioned it or said anything about why it fails to work.

I can cast from my laptop to my chrome cast with no problem but can’t setup automations to do so.

My fingers are crossed this eventually gets looked at by somebody that knows what they are doing…

2 Likes

Is this effort dead?

not as far as i know.

I use Home Assistant Cast to cast a Lovelace view with a single and very simple entity card to my Samsung 46 inch TV via a Goggle ChromeCast device. Everything works, except for the fact that the result on my TV is a tiny card with a lot of white space around it. The card fills less than 1/4 of the screen and it is centered at the top of the screen.
In reality, this is useless cause one cannot read the text from a normal viewing distance.
Is there a way to make a card fill the whole width of the screen ?
I have a feeling that changing the resolution of the ChromeCast would solve the issue, but regretfully, that’s not possible.