Home Assistant Cast Start Casting

When starting Home Assistant Cast, this only works from the https://cast.home-assistant.io/ page. 
If the Cast is started from the Services Tab with the cast.show_lovelace_view service, the screen remains connected but no tabs are loaded. 
If you connect via the cast.home-assistant page, the cast function works and you can switch tabs in the Services section. Is there a solution for this to make the first connection?

Same here. Just fired up my brand new Nest hub and excited to cast HA to it, but sadly same issue. Starting from services only gets me to the screen with the HA/heart/NabuCasa logos and ‘connected’

Exactly same here. I wonder if it has something to do with my nginx :thinking: Anyone else using nginx without any luck?

Same problem here with nginx setup

I was having the same problem and also have nginx, but found a work around by first using the TTS which I already had working to establish the first connection.
so I call this first:
‘’’
data:
entity_id: media_player.kitchen_display
service: tts.google_translate_say
‘’’
Then I cast the display.
I also found I needed to send the cast twice after a 5s delay using this method. … this I got from someone else here that I can’t remember.

1 Like

I second the need for a delay to get this working. If I manually call the service twice from the developers tab I get the “connected” page on the first click and then the dashboard on the second click :+1: