Home Assistant Cast

Now if only I could convert my old nexus 7 into a nest hub somehow so I can save £120… :thinking:

It works, just like that. This is the reason I bought Nest Hub few days ago. Brilliant!

Didn’t find the way to force the theme yet.

1 Like

Awesome! After adding the CORS allowed everything loads up perfectly even all the custom cards! Responsiveness is great on all sliders and swiping, I am really happy with the experience! The only thing that doesn’t work seems to be the “press and hold” action which doesn’t bother me at all since I don’t use it!

You guys are killing lately with all the new stuff and improvements!

2 Likes

Whats the advantage of using this over catt? From the documentaiton you need to have HA exposed / accesable over https. Ive been using catt a few weeks now and i do not expose my instance, also live stream works great. Thank you

1 Like

Amazing! Cool stuff.

Unfortunately some custom cards still doesn’t work even after adding the CORS to the configuration file.
Also the Touch doesn’t work with a Chromecast on a Dell Touch Monitor. Might just be the restriction on the Chromecast streaming it as video - but I thought I would let you know.

2 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Using CATT

Mine don’t show up either. I have 2 Home Hubs and several chromecasts and it says “There were no suitable Chromecast devices to cast to found”. I hope this is fixed soon because I’m really looking forward to this feature.

I think I’ll give catt a try.

So far HA cast only seems to cast specific views from my HA. It doesn’t display the top or side navigation bars. You actually have to choose which screen to cast so in my case I had: Home, Daily, Security and Monitoring. If I wanna switch to another view then you have to use your phone or put a button on HA screen for view/page navigation it seems.

I think that’s the whole idea in that specific views and cards are shown. For me I think the ability to only show and control what I want other family members to see is a better fit, plus in theory I could have different devices in different rooms show items specific to that room. With catt it looks like the whole UI is available

I have 4 hubs in different rooms. All with tabs specific to the room/floor. I use compact header to hide tabs and the tab you mainly want to see just cast that url.

Look in your Google home app. Cast to the name of the hub like my example. Case sensitive

This is awesome!! And also annoying. Now I want to go and buy a Google hub, JUST FOR THIS!!! :thinking:

So can this be a default screen on the hub? I’m not sure exactly how the hub works, or does HA need to be cast to it every time you want to use it?

Can’t make this work. I have a ‘real’ chromecast connected to my TV and a few other devices I can cast Youtube to but I get no devices when I try the demo. I can use TTS to them as well.

@DavidFW1960 does cart work for you? Does on my Chromecast.

cart?? what?

Bloody auto correct. Catt - cast all the things. There is a separate thread, but just wondering if it works given ha cast doesn’t.

ohhhh no I haven’t tried that.
This is a chromecast connected to my Samsung TV - I know it’s unavailable (it’s powered by the TV so if the TV is off it’s unavailable)
If it’s on and I type in the TTS line it is played on my TV so it’s connected to HA but the Home Assistant Cast doesn’t work. None of my cast devices are detected if I run the demo.

That is actually an amazing idea. You could probably emulate Google cast somehow. Maybe there is an app or something I will look.

Well can’t it both open Lovelace UI through browser and run Google Assistant? If you update chrome you can add it to home screen and when you open it from there you don’t have a giant search bar

I can successfully cast to my chromecast, but my pages are long, is it possible to scroll down, or I need to make lovelace views just for the chromecast?

1 Like