Home Assistant Cast

I wonder this too. I guess it is useful for people who already have a Hub?

Secondary question, is there a difference between a “Google Home Hub” and a “Google Nest Hub”.

Same thing, just got renamed when Google acquired Nest.

1 Like

Did anyone work out the issue causing this response?
“There were no suitable Chromecast devices to cast to found”
I have 2 Chromecasts and 2 Android TVs, not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I have the exact same issue but it’s radio-silence…

Could it have something to do with my setup, hassio/docker/ubuntu server?

I have the same setup but Debian/Docker/Hass.io on a NUC.

I have the same setup, but on a HP N54L Microserver. I tried a cast to my Gen 1 Chromecast and it worked fine with my own https URL. I’m not using NabuCasa yet.

I can’t even get the demo to work. I definitely authenticated to my duckdns ssl address though because I have a token set by cast… but not working.

I’m not sure. I don’t use duckdns. I had a lot of troubles with it updating my IP, so moved on to dynu.com and haven’t had a single issue since.

In saying that, I did have issues with the demo not working, but I tried my own and it worked straight away. Had to login, pick a page to cast, and that was it.

I login, auth, then this:

For the demo?

Wow. Assuming that you can cast from other devices, I have no idea why this doesn’t work.

Yeah I can cast from my iPhone, Youtube no problem. I have 3 devices I can cast to… a chromecast v1, fetchtv and foxtel now box running Android TV.

Just tested using nabu casa and to chromecast on dumb tv, worked perfectly, was asked to pick a view
So all good this way

I’m on Home Assistant 0.97 and I added the cors line to my config, but I keep getting this error:

I’m on 0.97, with my hassio accessible through ssl via the url https://xxxxxxx.duckdns.org, with port 443 redirected to hassio’s internal port on my lan. Hassio is also accessible through my nabu casa account. Both work fine to access Home Assistant from outside my network.

Connecting to home assistant cast using the nabu casa provided url works well, but using my own duckdns url causes Unable to connect all the time… any idea ?

Thanks!

type: entities
entities:
  - type: cast
    name: Lights
    # The path of the view (or number)
    view: lights
    hide_if_unavailable: true

Anyone got this working?

mine looks like this and works well:

- type: entities
    entities:
    - type: cast
      view: home
      hide_if_unavailable: true

where home refers to the url https://xxxxxx.duckdns.org/lovelace/home which is my landing page for HA.

Strange. When I put in this to my lovelace it just shows a a blank card.

EDIT: Argh, if I change the hide_if_unavailable it shows but tells me that it needs HTTPS.
How to I tell HA to use my Nabu Casa Link since I don’t use duckdns.org?

Have the exact same problem? Any solution? Proxying using Nginx…

I tried with a view with no Custom Cards and it worked. So I guess non of my custom cards can be rendered…