Home Assistant Community Add-on: AdGuard Home

Has anyone got bind_hosts through add-on configuration to accept additional listening IPs?

I’m trying to apply the solution here to pick up google DNS requests that are hard-coded in a few devices on my network. If I block google DNS with a static route, the devices misbehave.

Hi there, just a stupid question, but still wondering whatsupp…

Used AdGuard addon for some time now, works as expected but…
Found a top user dns (172.30.32.3) with quite some requests
Is there some loophole, backloop or anything wrong with it ??

Just asking, doubtfull and wondering why ;-(

P.S. Installed on rpi3-64, HA OS 9.4, Core 2023.1.7, AdGuard Home 4.8.0

This is ip address of internal dns server. There is nothing wrong with it.
Try dns info.

I would like to be able to control when my children are allowed to go on e.g. YouTube via an automaton.
What I found that I thought would work is that I created a txt file that I call via get url.

In this I tried to write
||youtube.com^
||www.youtube.com^
but none of it seemed to work. If I go to the block list and manually check YouTube, this works.

My hope is to be able to do this and then add after adding

from

||example.org^$client=‘Frank’s laptop’: block example.org for the client named Frank’s laptop only. Note that quote (’) in the name must be escaped.

Hello, please how to exclude the client from the protection filter?

Is there a way to display client names from ipv6 devices?
From ipv4 devices the names display fine.

Hi,

Go to settings - client settings

Add a client with the correct identifier (I.e. ip address) and further down uncheck the option „use global settings“, then make sure to NOT check „block domains using filters…“

Hi

Always look at the wiki of Adguard.
There is some info and i don’t know if this will answer your question.

1 Like

thank you !!!

1 Like

You welcome my friend

When will the addon updated to AdGuard Home 0.107.24?

Kindly reply

Removed one of my RasPi’s yesterday as only AdGuard was running on this. Moved AdGuard to my HA system.
Wondering i do not have any entities available anymore, only the update information but no sensors?
Installed through HACS…

Hi all, I have a quick question I could not find an answer to.
I use AdGuard Home and its DHCP server and it works great. However, my TV set box is on the same LAN.
Is there a way to filter (block via MAC address) the provider’s TV box to get IP from the DHCP server, because when it does, it is not working anymore?

Thanks all.

Hi all, I might need some help in configuring AdGuard.

I still get ads in apps and websites although different lists are active and working. I have the DNS of the HomeAssistant set in my router and IPv6 ist deactivated.

But still many ads pass through which get blocked when I turn on uBlock for example. Then I see the rule ||doubleclick.net^ in the uBlock logs filters it. The same rule is active in AdGuard but the ads still run through when uBlock is not active.

What can I do?

What do you mean by ?

I have the DNS of the HomeAssistant set in my router 

You should add your home assistant ip as your dns resolver.

It is set as my local DNS and seems to work as I see many DNS requests from different devices in my network incoming. But ads on my desktop an my iPhone for example are not seen in the DNS requests, the blocked ads of the Android phone of my wife are there. The DNS is only set in the router and not on any device. So there must be something wrong in my setup… :frowning:

I use my home assistant ip as dns resolver in my router both for ipv4 and ipv6 and it works fine on every device that is connected in my network.
As I know adguard is working as dns resolver out of the box. There is no need to temper with it.

As I’m not familiar how to get a static IPv6 for my home assistant, I just turned v6 off.

There are also DNS requests coming from desktop an iPhone, but only the normal icloud and Microsoft stuff. Not even one ad requests.

The same way you got your static ipv4 for home assistant. You can add it to your router so that your comp running home assistant always have the same ip. And router wan’t use dhcp for it.
You can just convert your ipv4 address to ipv6 address and use that. That is how I use it.

I set the static IPs in my network always in the router setup.