Home Assistant Community Add-on: AppDaemon 4

Thx @frenck - I’m looking forward to have access to the serial port out of Appdaemon!

Just noticed this on starting add on

Add-on: AppDaemon 4
 Python Apps and Dashboard using AppDaemon 4.x for Home Assistant
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on version: 0.2.3
 There is an update available for this add-on!
 Latest add-on version: null
 Please consider upgrading as soon as possible.

Is there something wrong at my end ?

I see the same Latest add-on version: null message when the add-on is just updated and restarts. If I do another restart after that this message is not shown anymore. So you are not the only one seeing this message :thinking:

Restarting did not change anything. Updating to 0.2.4 has solved the issue :slight_smile:

I have converted my automations to solely use AppDaemon which makes automating much more flexible for me. Excellent add-on which allows me to do almost everything I would want. Thank you.

Is it possible for a callback to know which event triggered it? I have 3 or 4 input_boolean to control watering of the garden (input_boolean.water_garden_15, input_boolean.water_garden_20, etc) and trigger off these. I would like to make this more maintainable by deducing which event triggered it to adjust the length of watering automatically. Or is there a better way of invoking the callback from the UI with a parameterised argument?

In the callback, checking the provided arguments attribute and kwargs, simply return the name state and the thread id.

Thanks
-paul

Figured it out. Just add the number of minutes and kwargs is augmented.

self.listen_state(self.water_garden_for, 'input_boolean.water_garden_15', new='on', minutes=15)

-paul

Just noting that I had the same problem as SaNewm in that I didn’t have any previous intalls of AppDaemon and when I installed AppDaemon4, no appdaemon.yaml file was created.

[13:56:42] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
ERROR 'log' directive deprecated, please convert to new 'logs' syntax
[13:56:44] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[13:56:45] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[13:56:47] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[13:56:49] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[13:56:51] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...

Can someone help me break out of this neverending loop? I just installed the addon from the addon-store and now i get this every few seconds and tons of restarts…

You config for the logs in appdaemon.yaml is not correct. You are still using the old syntax. Here the relevant part from my working config:

secrets: /conf/secrets.yaml
logs:
  main_log:
    filename: /conf/logs/appdaemon.log
  error_log:
    filename: /conf/logs/error.log
  access_log:
    filename: /conf/logs/access.log
appdaemon:
  app_dir: /conf/apps

Thanks, one step further. Am i supposed to create those folders / files? Because appdaemon now complains about no logs found in /conf/logs/*.log.

edit: Persistent little bugger. This happens when i create the files/dirs:

[15:24:14] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:16] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:18] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:20] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:22] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:24] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:26] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:27] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:29] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:31] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:33] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:35] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:37] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:39] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:41] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:43] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:45] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:47] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:48] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:50] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:52] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:54] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:56] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:24:58] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...
[15:25:00] INFO: Starting AppDaemon...

I guess appdaemon is either angry with me or ran out of error messages.

final edit: found https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-appdaemon/blob/64e202d1bec82ebb27ad4d18c9439898ae8dde56/appdaemon/DOCS.md :slight_smile:

Lol, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that I was answering in the add-on topic. I don’t use the add-on, but seems that you figured it out anyways :slight_smile:

do we have a HA service to trigger an AD app manually?
I ask because I have an app that works fine press, but its result is overwritten by core HA, after which the AD app wont retrigger, based on the apps logic itself.

was thinking to write an automation to trigger the app (just like we can trigger python scripts tio run from within HA) when a certain attributes was none, but can’t find a service to do so…

Maybe this should be handled within the AD app, or maybe this is a core device_tracker handling bug. Realize that. Still, maybe it could be mitigated like this.

thanks for having a look

you can use an input boolean to trigger an AD callback.

for the rest i answered on github.

thanks!
how should I do that? surely you don’t mean to add an input_boolean to the tracked entities, and toggle the boolean to force an update on the AD app?

yes i mean that if you create an input_boolean in HA, that you can trigger a callback in AD with that.
and you could make an HA automation to change the state from the boolean.

so in theory you can use an input_boolean to force an update from an app that listens to something else.
but i dont think its the best way as i said in github.

and because this discussion is off topic here, i suggest to keep it at github (or come to our discord server)

I’m not sure I’m in the right place for this, but I’m having trouble with using two notify setups but only from within AppDaemon. I have notify/notifypushover and notify/tellsignal setup in my configuration YAML file. If I go to “Developer Tools” and select either of those, they both work properly. However, in AppDaemon, I can only use notify/pushover. It always complains “Unknown service (default/notify/tellsignal) in call service…”.
What am I missing?? I’m running AppDaemon 4 0.3.2.
Thanks.

your right that this isnt the right place to ask :wink:
but ill give you an answer anyway.
if you got that message from a service that exists there are 2 options i see:

1. the intergration (and its services) were not loaded at the moment that AD got the signal from HA that HA is ready. AD doesnt know the service because of that. to test that you can restart AD (and not HA). if it works at that moment you will need a delay in the appdaemon setup
  2. you provide the wrong arguments. as soon as you add an argument that HA doesnt know the service is not working. in that case i suggest you come to the appdaemon discord server and ask the question there.

Thank you very much! I’ll test and head to the Discord server if need be.

1 Like

I have read through this thread and cannot find the answer as to why my appdaemon “open web ui” button does not open the ui. Did I miss something?

under the configuration tab do you have the port set to 5050?