Home Assistant Community Add-on: Grocy

Ahhh stupid… Sorry!! Removed it and reinstall it from correct Add-On Location

@hv71 I’ve spent the morning wrestling with the same problem. Think I’ve finally figured it out: when you first set it up you need to log in to Grocy before you can do the next step. Default user/pass is admin/admin.

Hope that helps.

Hi,
I’m new with Grocy but that sounds promising for managing my food stock.
One question though, is it possible to get details directly from public database as Open Food Facts, I really don’t want to manually enter all products I’ll purchase… ?

I have not found an option yet. My phone has issues with properly reading the bar codes. I ordered a scanner but Amazon is slow these days. Been doing it by hand on laptop in the evenings. Slow but not too bad. Makes you stop and think about expiration dates and things. My biggest problem is figuring out how to organize all the entries. Reading in items like My Fitness Pal does would be super slick.

I think Barcode Buddy does that, check it out.

I want install Grocy on Home Assistant 0.108.3, which one do you recommend ?
Grocy custom component (HACS) or Grocy addon.

The custom_component in HACS isn’t Grocy, it just adds a sensor to HA, so you can get information from your (wherever) installed Grocy. For that sensor / custom_component you need a running Grocy installation.

To get Grocy up and running, the easiest way is the Hass.io addOn. If you don’t want that, check the documentation from Grocy, about how to install.

Has anyone been able to successfully imported the Calendar Ical Link into a Google Calendar? (I don’t know much about ical)

I have tried importing the link it provides into Google Calendar but it never picks up any of the events. I can run the link myself, download the file and upload the file which will pull the events but I want it to be able to sync the events regularly without user imports

URL: https://NabuCasaURL.ui.nabu.casa/api/hassio_ingress/xxx/api/calendar/ical?secret=xxx

2 Likes

Hello did you manage to connect Grocy to HA?
I’m stuck on this step (Integration),

no matter what I add it seems to overload my Home Assistant and I have to remove power and power it up again to restart everything.

This is what I did until now:

Installed Grocy via Addon Store
Added port 9192 to config within the addon
Installed component from HACS
Created bunch of products
Generated API

Now I would like to start making automations with grocy and Home Assistant, but can’t overcome this integration screen :slight_smile:

If you could share your way of solving the issue I would apreciate it greatly :slight_smile:

Can you link me to the issue?

I just figured it out.

Once I specify Port 9192, I have to define in it within router port forwarding settings.
Once that is done URL looks like:

https://HASSIO_IP:9192/

No need to add API or anything else within URL.
Also Home Assistant won’t crash.

I hope that this reply helps anyone who had similar issue.

here - it’s should be fixed for right now

I have Grocy running outside of Home Assistant in it’s on Docker-container under it’s own subdomain.

Is it possible to integrate it some way using this addon?

This addon is Grocy. :slight_smile: It is a docker container, especially designed for HomeAssistantSupervised (formerly hass.io).

You wouldn’t have any advantage with this addon.

What you can do (and it should work) is using this custom_component, that builds a connection between Grocy and HomeAssistant. Check it out here: https://github.com/custom-components/grocy

Thanks, I know this is Grocy, but the custom component is what I’m after, thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Were you able to get the custom component to talk to your Grocy instance ? I’m in the same situation where my Grocy instance is external to Home Assistant. I have the Grocy integration setup but it doesn’t seem to be communicating with my Grocy instance.

Haven’t tried yet, still at work, will try tonight or tomorrow, I’ll keep you posted!

It seems to work for me!

I have the sensors etc.

Thanks for testing. I have the sensors too but they do not have any data. And I noticed that the API key I used for this shows “never used” in Grocy.

I’ve got data in my sensors, if you’d like send me a message and we can compare our setups!