Presence detection server for Happy Bubbles Bluetooth beacon-based presence detection system.
This add-on is a server that subscribes to MQTT topics that the “Happy Bubbles” Bluetooth Beacon Presence Detectors publish to. It checks to see which of the detectors found the strongest signal for a particular beacon, and then lets you access that info either over an API, or a web interface.
It is designed to be used as a home-automation presence detection system. If you install the detectors through-out a home and family members carry beacons around the house, you can program your home automation hubs to take certain actions depending on who entered or left certain rooms.
This add-on also publishes changes in location to a particular topic. So you can program your hub to listen for these and make the desired changes as they happen, to not have to keep polling it.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Happy Bubbles” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Start the “Happy Bubbles” add-on
- Check the logs of the “Happy Bubbles” add-on to see if everything went well.
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Happy Bubbles
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.